• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

door hinges broke..need help in wichita ks

jeepinairman

NAXJA Forum User
well thats what happened...

:flamemad: :flamemad: ..i hate the Kansas wind man O MAN do i hate kansas wind....today is super windy here and when i went to get outta the jeep i had ahold of the door handle and the wind blew it right out of my hand......bent the door WAY back.....after i got it home *the door hits the fender now* i opened it as far as i could and i can now see the hinges are broke on the door....SO now i need help welding it......

IF ANYONE..is in the vicinity of where i am and can weld and could lend me a hand i need to weld these suckers back on straight as i neither have a welder or know how to do it....this sucks man.....but i need a hand if anyone is close and grateful enough to help out...thanks......
chet

Usually the hinge tears free from the door post, on the body side. The way you wrote your plea, it sounds like yours broke at the door? Is this correct, or am I misunderstanding you?

sorry about the confusion..lol..i was upset and came right in here and wrote the post after i found out what it was...

YES to answer your question the hinge *it looks to be* is coming apart from the body.....looks like it is welded *used to be welded* on top and bottom of said hinge to the body.....they are now cracked and about 1/4 to 1/2 inch from the body......kinda sad if you ask me.... :(

Mine are like that or not that bad. That is one of the design flaws with the XJ.

There are also two repair/reinforcement packages Jeep has come out with for the door hinges on 84-97. Which one to use depends on how much weld seperation there is. If the seperation is less than 75% then you use part #5083060AA. If it is more than 75% you use part # 5083061AA. These require removing the door to fix. thanks to MJR

I think these are bolt on and no welding is required.

Hope this helps

mine did the same, not in the wind but just from everyday use (?). anyway, a body shop re welded it for 50 bucks, considering you (like myself) don't know how to weld, getting someone to do it will probably be easier, and it's not that expensive.

Back