• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Don't you just LOVE a clean car?

Damn, and I thought I kept my Jeep pretty clean...:scared:

Looks good dude....where abouts in NC are you?

UNCC_99XJ said:
Damn, and I thought I kept my Jeep pretty clean...:scared:

Looks good dude....where abouts in NC are you?
Thanks, man. I've certainly neglected it more than a few times and let it sit around being nasty. But I like having it clean, too. :)

I'm not too awfully far from you...in the middle of the triad. I'm in Kernersville...about 30 minutes from Greensboro, 25 minutes from Winston Salem, and about 20 minutes from Highpoint.

Heh, I have mud splashed on the inside of the rear doors from 3 years ago at LBL and dust on the dash from Redbird last August :)

carmike692000 said:
Thanks, man. I've certainly neglected it more than a few times and let it sit around being nasty. But I like having it clean, too. :)

I'm not too awfully far from you...in the middle of the triad. I'm in Kernersville...about 30 minutes from Greensboro, 25 minutes from Winston Salem, and about 20 minutes from Highpoint.

Ahh cool. I got a couple friends who live up in k-vegas and walnut cove. I grew up in High Point/Greensboro...just moved (well my parents did actually) out to Arcadia a year ago this past Feb. I spend most of my time in Charlotte now.

We'll have to get up sometime when i'm back up that way.

epitaphmike said:
Is a clean car a prerequisite for your new job or just a way to clear your mind and prepare?

It's a way to clear my mind and work off some nervous energy.

Though I did have one employer actually look at the vehicle I was driving (this was after he hired me though). I was glad it was clean!!

wow that looks REALLY nice. Makes me wish mine looked that nice.

ah well, maybe one day, if i ever decide to get all the body work done and new paint.

carmike692000 said:
RichP - What kind of HU do you have coming?

It just got here 5 minutes ago, it's a JVC KD-BT1. Built in blue tooth for phone and audio streaming plus a USB port. I'm already laying out the harness and wiring adapter and am warming up the soldering iron as I type... holy crap, man thats alot of wires..

RichP said:
It just got here 5 minutes ago, it's a JVC KD-BT1. Built in blue tooth for phone and audio streaming plus a USB port. I'm already laying out the harness and wiring adapter and am warming up the soldering iron as I type... holy crap, man thats alot of wires..
I just put a JVC in mine a few weeks ago to replace my Alpine that got stolen in April. Gotta say i'm real happy with it.....the insurance company gave me the option of going with the newer model comperable Alpine to what I had, or upgrade to the JVC KD-APD49 which has a bit more power and a couple of extra options, at no cost. I was a bit leary, but i'm glad I went the JVC route. Best thing I like about it is the direct iPod hook up (even came with the cable), so I can take that FM transmitter off the dash that I used for 3 years that's being held together by duct tape.

Even splurged and replaced all the speakers with Infinity's that I got a good deal on from Crutchfield....I do miss the bass from my subs sometimes, but the Infinity's are nice and clear.

I wasn't so much interested in the ipod, I wanted the blue tooth, with that I can stream audio from my phone, using wires to connect devices is so 90's... :D It has a USB connector on a 4ft cable with a dust cover on the end, I'm figuring out how to mount it now so I can load up all those 4 gig usb sticks I have, heck I might not even use the cd player.. Just got done soldering the adapters but I'm not going out and installing it now, tomorrow morning, once it's running I'll take our pitt, brindy, out for a ride and listen to some tunes while I work on getting into the tan. It's going in the TJ, I already have the Jensen blue tooth head unit in the XJ, next comes the ZJ when cash permits.. I'm also fabbing a sleeve out of aluminum flashing material I have left over, I want to wrap the back of the unit so any water that drips down won't get on the radio if I get caught in a sudden downpour. I also noticed that jensen has an addon flip down cover for their radios that looks pretty cool and I kind of like it as it's black and more or less hides the radio so at first glance the radio area looks blank. I will admit some hesitation putting this in a soft top TJ, we'll see. I'll have to force myself to pull that face plate everytime all the time.

Yeah, I'm not that fond of JVC's HU's. But if y'all're liking them, that's awesome! Congrats on the new HU's.

Hammered said:
I want to try the ICE wax, that you supposedly dont wipe off. I think Turtle wax makes it.

I might run to get some in the morning. I feel inspired. haha.
Yeah, my friend was telling me about that stuff. Certainly has peaked my interest, I just don't know if it can really do a good job. Would be interested in finding out.

If you get it and try it out, let us know how it works!

I've spent about week total washing, waxing, and vacuuming my XJ, just to have it rain a couple days later and to get mud all up the sides of it.

I do take pride in keeping a clean rig, but I loooove getting it dirty.

By the way, I've spent 5 hours cleaning up just the exterior of an RX-7 before.

Got the new head unit in and all prettied up. Thats a usb key hanging out the blank switch filler. A 1 gig stick with 9 albums on it, all in different folders, very cool. It also powered up and read my 120gb external laptop drive though it did not have any music on it, it's used for holding OS images. I put the microphone up on the sunvisor for the cell phone. It paired with my V3m and pulled the phone book down when it paired. It is also in 1st gear so it does not hit the usb key.
TJRadio2.jpg

whered u get that kit from, rich? its really cool.

ladywolf said:
whered u get that kit from, rich? its really cool.

Crutchfield, came with a wiring adapter that took me about 20 min with some solder and shrinktube, faceplate and good instructions. Has AM/FM/CD, bluetooth phone, bluetooth streaming and USB, the microphone is up on the sunvisor. $279 shipped. JVC BT-1, they have a BT-11 but that has the mike in the face plate like my Jensen has thats in the XJ, bad with windnoise, the mic up top is aimable so I can cut the noise down even with the top off. Only the pioneer and JVC have the external mikes. Sony and the others put them in the face plate, mike is behind a pinhole in those. I also started streaming tunes off my cell phone but that only has 1 gig on the memory stick thats in there, the USB is much nicer.

Crutchfield is probably the best place to order HU's and other audio equipment. Comes with everything you need, they're almost always running some kind of special such as free shipping or discounts on items, and comes with great detailed instructions for the DIY who may never have installed a radio before. Not to mention their prices are pretty much right on with everybody else, including the local stores.

Dont know how it is for other states, but I don't get charged sales tax when I order from them....and it usually arrives 1-2 days earlier then when they quote me

Back