• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Done the research, but now just need conformation

CartsXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I am almost done gathering the parts for a total brake and steering upgrade on my 98XJ with the 8.25 rearend. I am doing a ZJ rear disc swap and a WJ kunckle/steering/brake swap in the front. Do I need to swap in a ZJ proportioning valve or do any mods to the master cylinder? Would like to know because once I start I like to finish plus the local part stores hours suck on the weekends and the nearest autozone type is approximately 45 mintues away from the shop.

TIA

I didnt need the proportioning valve or any master cylinder modifications on mine. I did remove the oring from the stock proportioning valve and I can lock up 35's.

Ben H said:
I didnt need the proportioning valve or any master cylinder modifications on mine. I did remove the oring from the stock proportioning valve and I can lock up 35's.

Thats what I was wondering about that o-ring. I've seen it on some write ups but not all. And that is the plan, to mod this XJ so my g/f feels comfortable driving it, and to have the ability to lock up my 35's.........and not have my lowrange drive through my brakes.

Back