• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Does this look scary to anybody else here too?

bjoehandley

NAXJA Forum User
I ran across a build thread on a model car magazine's forum where somebody was going to replicate this car.

DSCN4700.jpg

DSCN4702.jpg

DSCN4704.jpg

DSCN4705.jpg

And here is the solid axle conversion on it
http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Gasser-Axle-Spindle-and-Brake-Kits,25490.html

Brings back sweet memories of the 60's an 70's. Scarry............ no, fun.......... yes.

The old gassers used to be built like that. I think they figured out the performance benefits of keeping the cars lower by the time they started making the altered wheel base cars. It's not dangerous in it's proper environment. 'Wouldn't want to drive it on the street though.

sometimes the freaks are the best times..... normal is boring.
shit looks mean to me! not scary at all, unless your zooming in at stuff i cant see? cant see much in the images, but what i can see looks mean!

Brings back sweet memories of the 60's an 70's. Scarry............ no, fun.......... yes.

^This

Back then, this is what you did if you were serious about draggin'. At the time it was the best way to throw the weight transfer to the rear wheels. Handle? Handle what? The light turned on, you mash the gas, you hold the fk on!

I love REAL retro builds! Not this phony 'ratrod' stuff you see nowadays.

Def not scarry, maybe a little over the top but I love the gasser look. This one doesn't do it but a lot of the just run straight headers out the front fenders.

I actually kinda hesitate to call that a Gasser even, to me it's got the utterly pointless, over the top tetanus shot requiring Rat Rod/Mall Crawler on 48's or larger/Donk on 40" rims look rather than a true gasser look.

Here's what I consider a Gasser.
1969-ford-mustang-mr-gasket-gasser.jpg

3134995062_b1565d2d3c.jpg

And I can't leave one of these out
maz.jpg

0601kc_willys_02_z.jpg

how is it ANY differant than that corvette? that thing DOESNT have dubs, nor donk wheels...
all i see is you hatin... you like those cars, but not the first one, OK.

It brings back memories of Big Daddy Roth, and Rat Fink.

I love Gassers! That would be a cool ass car to drive.

LOL.., back in the day.., around where the movie "American Graffiti" was filmed.., a fellow had a similar Dodge/Plymouth product across the intersection where we were waiting for the light to turn green. WOW! He popped the clutch, and pulled off a major wheel stand, and as we passed each other.., all I saw was his undercarriage, and a lot of tire smoke. Must've had 450 hp, and 400 plus torque, 'eh? I don't recall if he had a short tail stinger, but I think he must've had. (side point: '61 Porsche Super, at 130 mph, friend pulled up to me in a new SS396 Chevelle, and then put it in fourth.., burning rubber ahead of me for 150 feet.., doing at least 150 mph). The only reason I'd have a muscle car, or variant, is because they will work if there is a high altitude EMP attack, our computerized vehicles, and toys will fry.:windows:

Back