• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Does a 5.5in. lift need a drop pitman arm?

sjstar

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys i am currently trying to setup my front end. I currently have RE 5.5 Coils, RE lower arms, Rustys uppers, homemade double shear track bar frame mount, RE heimed track bar, and zj steering.

I think i need to order the RE track bar drop bracket and extreme track bar in order to get better angles in the front end when fully compressed when the bumps touch the pads and a better angle at full droop.
I think the pitman arm is stock on it and with the current mods do it require a drop pitman arm?

I'm running the RE 6200 SA lift with the 5.5" coils and track bar drop bracket. I run the stock pitman arms with no problems. I have a currrie steering setup, but I also ran stock and ZJ steering with this lift.

You only use a drop pitman arm if you also drop the trackbar at the frame/unitbody location, or raise the TB mount at the axle.

at 5.5" you should have both if your serious, and not that big of a deal if not really used as it could/should be with that much lift and shock length.

thanks guys

I think a 3/4" drop pitman (ZJ style) lines up better with the track bar mount than the stock pitman arm does. Nothing negative about a little bit of drop in the pitman arm.

Back