• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Do you listen to Podcasts?

Do you listen to Podcasts?

• Yes

Votes: 16 18.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 54.0%
  • What the heck is a Podcast?

Votes: 24 27.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I didn't know body snatchers fish.

I do since its a good way to waste those hours in planes and airports away. Well that and beer!

Coast to Coast AM. . . almost as entertaining and the conspiracy nuts here. :D

Last edited:
I have an ipod, use it only at the gym, never leaves the gymbag actually.

have heard of these 'podcasts' but know nothing about them.

I'm just laughing at all of the people who think it's "hip" and "different". Plus, I'm jealous because I have not.

To me podcasts are similar to a TV/Radio show, but a very specific TV/Radio show. The topics are pretty much endless.

For example I listen to MacBreakWeekly. I would never find a TV/Radio show dedicated to talk about Apple/Mac specific hardware and software. This way I can focus my time and interest.

I do. I found a guy some of you may remember from the show Screen Savers.
Leo Leporte. He has a weekend tech show on XM. Sometimes I don't hear his show so I get the podcast. Ive started listening to it exclusively because it cuts out the horribly obnoxious commercials that XM is so fond of playing...over and over and over and over........

For those of you not jacking around with the poll and really don't know what a podcast is...

It's a Daily/Weekly/Monthly production either in video or audio. They are Free. You can listen to the taping on your PC, iPod, Mp3 player...pretty much anything connected to the net. I get most of my subscriptions through iTunes. I then listen to them in my car or instead of music.

I haven't, but since my recent iPhone acquisition, have been thinking about looking some up. It would be good for the ride to and from work.

Didn't own an mp3 player, let alone an iWhetever till about a month ago, so no. Never even bothered to find out what they are or how they work, thanks JohnJohn.

For those of you not jacking around with the poll and really don't know what a podcast is...

It's a Daily/Weekly/Monthly production either in video or audio. They are Free. You can listen to the taping on your PC, iPod, Mp3 player...pretty much anything connected to the net. I get most of my subscriptions through iTunes. I then listen to them in my car or instead of music.
Hmm... I always thought you had to have a iTunes and an iPod to listen/view in. Just learned something new, but I'll still not use 'em.
Didn't own an mp3 player, let alone an iWhetever till about a month ago, so no. Never even bothered to find out what they are or how they work, thanks JohnJohn.
X2... except I still don't own one and never will.
Radio and CDs work just fine for me. The radio never stops broadcasting and if I wreck a CD I can just burn another or spend the $15 and get a new one. No need for the $200+ iJunk.

Phillips 2g player w/fm radio for $30. I listen to sports talk more than my music. Handy way to transport a little data too, though I doubt it's as tough as my little sandisk usb drive. It's been forgotten and gone thru the washer and dryer a number of times and never lost a single byte of data.

I listen to a lot of audiobooks, and my only poscast at this point is petfishtalk, which is pretty good with aquarium info.

Back