• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

DIY Bedliner

_dallas_

NAXJA Forum User
What is the best DIY bedliner? I am looking at doing the whole inside of the XJ. I know there are some good ones out there, but I know there are some others that are just glorified spray paint that flake off after a week.

I used Herc on my old Isuzu truck bed, and will be doing it in the MJ trailer bed soon. It holds up prettywell, and I didn't notice the fading that duplicolor has -- prep is the key though -- scuff the crap out of your old paint!!

I'm just about to start this project as well on my doors, flares, and kick panels. I have been scrapping that damn 3M tape forever it seems. I have it all gone and have done some light sanding as well. I'm curious to know about thoughts on putting it on the stock fender flares. I'm pretty much ready to go and thinking about doing it this weekend. I wanted to do duplicolor so I can spray it on as well as roll it on.

I really wan to get this right the first time. I've read several posts.

Dialoge please.

fumes for days in the hot summer sun,

by the way with a properly prepared surface you can use the $69 drywall texture gun from depot and your compressor with the duplicolor bedliner and it will look like a pro did it, medium sized tip and a decent flow of air. no rolling involved, two coats will get it done, thin the bedliner with a bit of tolulene first and mix it well.

fumes for days in the hot summer sun,

by the way with a properly prepared surface you can use the $69 drywall texture gun from depot and your compressor with the duplicolor bedliner and it will look like a pro did it, medium sized tip and a decent flow of air. no rolling involved, two coats will get it done, thin the bedliner with a bit of tolulene first and mix it well.

I have the duplicolor. Anyone in Colorado Springs have the gun and compressor? I'll buy beer and Pizza.

The fumes go away after a while, but as soon as the floor board or tranny tunnel would get hot it would be near unbearable in the jeep without all the windows down. As well it seems to retain moisture and dirt better than well...anything else I've come across.

Werd.

If you beadline the interior, put the carpet back in. It gets hotter then hell inside during the summer after awhile .

I'm just about to start this project as well on my doors, flares, and kick panels. I have been scrapping that damn 3M tape forever it seems. I have it all gone and have done some light sanding as well. I'm curious to know about thoughts on putting it on the stock fender flares. I'm pretty much ready to go and thinking about doing it this weekend. I wanted to do duplicolor so I can spray it on as well as roll it on.

I really wan to get this right the first time. I've read several posts.

Dialoge please.

it works great on your stock fender flares. just give them a good sand and do really lite coats. make your final coat the heaviest. i did mine a while back and they are still looking fantastic.

Back