• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Divorced Tansfer Cases?

JP_in_STL

NAXJA Member #767
I'm planning a non-Jeep project that needs a 2 spd gearbox and I was considering using a transfer case to do it. I'm aware of a Suzuki Samurai Transfer Case being divorced and some of the '70s full size trucks from Chevy and Ford having divorced cases. The Sami case will be heavy duty enough for what I need it for and has flanges on the inputs/outputs which makes it easy to mate up to it. Basically I'm making a 4wd gocart.

What other similarly sized transfer cases are out there? Are there other transfer cases that are easily adapted to a divorced configuration by changing a couple of seals and capable of flanges or yokes on the input?

Thanks,

- JP

Nissan used a divorced t-case on the 80's pickup trucks, ford used a divorced case on the 70's highboys too. I think that the ford cases were 205's but dont quote me on it.

Back