• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Divorce

Well, I got the divorce papers and gave them to her today. It didn't go to good. Of course words were said and I was told to leave. Today is the first time i've seen her since I caught them. Whats still crazy is she absoultely believes she done nothing wrong. I'll be hearing from her later as I havn't signed them yet. I'm waiting to see what she puts down. She don't want to put infidelity but incompatibility. Oh well at least it's almost over now.

I'm young too, and just went through this same thing......I learned the hard way the first one out of the gates and first one to throw the right hook comes out on top.........brutal and cruel but the honest to god truth

tupton said:
I doubt they have many assets yet, seeing as how young they are. Consider yourself lucky you haven't watsed many more years on her.
Yeah, we were only together for almost 3 years. Yeah, and no assets. We lived in her parents rent house.

I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express one time.

Hale

I have a question. OK, about a couple months ago she really wanted a mustang. So what do I do? We go look for one. Well, we get the mustang and she's happy. I was the main signer for the car. The title had me and or her on it. Now, since it said and or I took her name of of it. I then put me and my sisters name and left out the or so she couldn't do anything with it. She can't get the car right?

Who made the payments on the Mustang, you or her? Do you have an attorney? Great to take advice from fellow Jeepers who've been down the same road, but we don't know the laws in your state regarding divorce nor would we want you to make potential, life altering decisions based on less than accurate info.

Last edited:
If she gets the car and you get the shaft and have to make the payments. I'd let it get repossessed. If you do get it away from her get the locks changed or trade it in real quick. You can always get your credit rating back after 5 years but try getting your money back after you pay off her car...

imthehink said:
I have a question. OK, about a couple months ago she really wanted a mustang. So what do I do? We go look for one. Well, we get the mustang and she's happy. I was the main signer for the car. The title had me and or her on it. Now, since it said and or I took her name of of it. I then put me and my sisters name and left out the or so she couldn't do anything with it. She can't get the car right?
The court could award her your interest in the car but given the circumstances, I don't think they would. Now if kids are involved, just drop 'em and bend over cause here it comes!

I've learn if a girl is obsessed with myspace she can't be trusted cause she has some real issues going on.

I was seeing this girl for a while that was really into myspace. We got along great and would spend 4-5 days a week together. One day out of the blue she sends me an email and breaks up. I can handle breakups but sending an email shes the ho has no repect. About 2 weeks later she's in a relationship one of her myspace friends. Fast forward a year later to now. They are engaged in an apt. While I'm single have a 4 car garage, another built XJ, single seat buggy, air tools and any other tool I have the need to buy, having fun with any girl I please when ever I please, hanging out with friends till all hours of the morning. I couldn't be happier. Plan and simple they cost you $$ wether it's dates, jewelry, cars, divorce. If you find the right one the cost is worth it, if you find the wrong one the cost of divorce is worth it.

imthehink said:
Not necessarily. The usual rule of thumb is that all assets and debts acquired during the marriage, regardless of whose name is on the title, loan, etc., is considered equally owned and ends up being divided evenly. As it was mentioned, learn the divorce laws in your state to be sure. For example, if she wants the car, she takes the payments with it. If it's paid for, then you reach an agreement such as she pays you for half the value or you sell it and divide the proceeds. Perhaps there's something of equal value that you keep to balance it out.

If you want this to end as quickly and peacefully as possible, you and your wife need to put aside your anger, resentment, etc., and come to some agreement as to dividing up the assets and debts. This is what's called an uncontested divorce. It's the cheapest and quickest way to get on with life. Since she's the one who was unfaithful (or so it appears by what you said), I wouldn't consider paying her any money (alimony, aka spousal support). Hopefully she works, which makes everything easier.

If it's contested, expect lawyer involvement and a lot of expense. Lawyer fees aren't cheap. Alternate methods of divorce include mediation and collaborative divorce. Collaborative involves a lawyer for each side who acts as your advocate. This tends to be less expensive than lawyers in a divorce that goes to court. The main problem with going to court is that you might get a judge who awards her much more than you think is fair. Maybe you'll get one who doesn't. This is probably the biggest risk I've heard from those who've been there. At least with an uncontested divorce, you and her can (hopefully) come to agreeable terms (in writing) for a fraction of the cost of court.

Start researching NOW!

Well, i got her to do the uncontested divorce. She signed the papers yesterday. She is being immature about the whole thing. It's been a crazy two weeks. Anyways, I got the car. I'll keep it for awhile and sell it in a couple months. I like owning my Jeep and not having a car payment. But it does get better mileage. She has since got another car she says. Thats great. I just didn't want her to have the mustang in my name. Hopefully all this dies down soon. I'm ready to move on. Thanks for all the replies.

i think the best thing you can do is to just walk away and leave it behind you. not all women are created equal. the worst thing you could do is to try and make it work between the two of you. once a person cheats they shall do it again. another bad thing would be to beat the guy up, slap your wife around etc....

sometimes walking away says more than words ever could.

sounds like you made the right choice, there is always better out there. i'd seen it myself and it comes to oyou like a ray of sunshine during a storm. then later you'll be wondering, what was i doing with "that" when i could have been doing "this" : )

to be honest, i'd be on ass kickin mood myself: )

john

Back