• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

distributor wobble bizzare!

traitor5150

NAXJA Forum User
ok built a 4.7 for my mj last spring been running for aprox 10k no issues. Few feeks ago noticed a minor oil leak comeing from disributer base. Dident fix it right away was not bad. Got some time to fix it this week put a new seal noticed the old one was all flattend out and pushed out kinda weird. started the truck went to look at the distributer while the truck was running and its wobbleing in a circular motion!!. Ok pulled it out put it in the lathe and spun the shaft it looked bent so i put a new one in and still doing it!! Dosent look as bad but stilll. What could it be ?? I have a new mopar performance cam in this motor and a new mopar/melling hi volume oil pump. Im thinking something with the oil pump should i pull it>? oil pressure is 40 psi idle so its working ok mabey shaft is bent?? help im afraid to drive it:wow:

yup took it apart tonight and found it an ear broke off. The sleeve that the oil pump and dist shaft fit into is kinda tore up the new pump and dist will fit fine but will that wear be an issue do i need t oget a new one off a junk block and press it in????

Back