• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dismounting and mounting help

BigDog

NAXJA Forum User
Ok I have a total of 8 wheels and tires I need to get dismonted and mounted so I can swap out and keep the wheels and tires I want and sell the other ones. Anyone out there got a tire machine? Getting them mounted isn't so much the problem I have done that before but it is getting the beads broke on the one that are already mounted that is the problem and there is 8 of them. Funny how we can break beads out on the trail when we don't want to but when we need to OOOHHH no not happening.

I know it can be done with with a large breaker bar but I don't have one of them any more. I think it got lent out and never found it's way home again. Someone help me :helpme:

CJ

Do you have a highlift??? Ive broken a bead many times by putting the high-lift close to the bead then used the weight of the vehicle to break the bead.

I know it sounds dangerous, but if done correctly and cautiously it makes life very easy. Otherwise, Walmart dismounts for free and only charges mounting and balance

No I don't have a high lift yet that's another thing I need to get soon here. Walmart does dismounts for free HHMM think they would dismoount 8 for free even if I wasn't going to buy anything and not going to have them mount the other ones? Yeah I'm trying to be cheap about this lol If I'm not cheap about this I will end up paying more to have them mounted and what not then I will make off selling them lol.

CJ

hmmm... probably not LOL. The other cheap way you could do this, is go to HF and buy a Large breaker bar.

Yeah I borrowed my father in laws 5 foot breaker bar so going to go out in a few here and see if I can get the beads broke. That's the only part I am worried about is getting the damn beads to break on them. Last time I was trying to break a bead on a tire and wheel I as far as driving our 73 chev truck on the edge of the tire right by the frame lol Sad part is that didn't even work lol

I know a guy that just lets the air out of the tire, lays it on the ground, and then drives his other jeep on the tire as close to the bead as he can, then flips it for the other side.

Well hell have to keep all this in mind the next time I got some tires to do. I was on a short time line to get this done today, had to get it done so the guy getting the tires and wheels I didn't want could get them. It's all done now though, had to give in and pay tire shop 24 bucks to break the beads on 8 tires. Just did the dismounting and moounting by hand here though, they are crazy for the prices they charge just to swap some tires around. I guess they have to make their money though.

Do you have a highlift??? Ive broken a bead many times by putting the high-lift close to the bead then used the weight of the vehicle to break the bead.

I know it sounds dangerous, but if done correctly and cautiously it makes life very easy. Otherwise, Walmart dismounts for free and only charges mounting and balance
I've broken a bead with this trick before.

Had to replace a valve stem on the trail, put the tire under my receiver hitch, used the STOCK BOTTLE JACK of all things (forgot my friggin highlift at home!) to push as hard as I could, then got 2 fat ass friends of mine to sit on the bumper and bounce up and down. Nearly had it so I climbed up on the roof and it popped off.

It'd work better on the front of the jeep since you have the motor there as weight instead of just your friends, sheetmetal, and gas tank.

Back