• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Disappearing coolant

Today I bought some stuff called "DIKE" at O'Reillys. Local Jeep and cooling system guru says that's the best. So I'm gonna give it a shot. But want to check plugs first which I haven't had a chance to do, then will add the DIKE.
Thanks to all for your help.

OK....plugs look good and I drove around 400 miles during which time the coolant level continued to disappear and the mayo form. So topped off with pint of Dike and new anti-freeze. Drove about 100 miles and no mayo or disappearing coolant. So I think I may have it solved but only time will tell.

My summary of the problem is that there is indeed a cracked head as many of you surmised that leaks into the valve cover area, and the Dike has contained it.

PS....thanks all who contributed to figuring this out.

OK....plugs look good and I drove around 400 miles during which time the coolant level continued to disappear and the mayo form. So topped off with pint of Dike and new anti-freeze. Drove about 100 miles and no mayo or disappearing coolant. So I think I may have it solved but only time will tell.

My summary of the problem is that there is indeed a cracked head as many of you surmised that leaks into the valve cover area, and the Dike has contained it.

PS....thanks all who contributed to figuring this out.

Swap out the head as soon as you can. The Leak stop is only a band-aid, it will fail eventually.

Back