• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dimensions

cumorglas

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I have an extra 89 4.0 complete. I have a couple 258's laying around that are just taking up space. My little brother has a fairly complete machine shop, that i helped him build and stock. that bridgeport was seriously heavy too so he owes me. there is a pretty obvious answer to this situation.

the thing is if i am going to shave the block myself it has to fit on the deck of that very bridgeport. with the shellcutter on it i need the block to sit 22" or less high. would any of you who have one of these in progress
pretty please let me know if this is possible. mine is still in the parts vehicle and not really able to be measured.
if taller than 22", i have to balance the cost for a riser on the mill against what i would pay the local speed shop to do the machining on the block.

I just happen to have a 89 4.0 Renix on my shop that has the head off of it as we speak............................................................. from the oil pan suffice of the block to the top of the head is just under 10"

Is that what you were asking for?

Flash.

Flash said:
I just happen to have a 89 4.0 Renix on my shop that has the head off of it as we speak............................................................. from the oil pan suffice of the block to the top of the head is just under 10"

Is that what you were asking for?

Flash.
that is exactly what i needed!!!

that makes this doable in this summer's budget.

Back