• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dimebag Darryl gone (shot)?

copperhead

NAXJA Member #984
I just heard on the radio this morning that a gunman shot and killed Damage Plan's "Dimebag" Darryl (formerly of Pantera) on stage last night. Others were shot as well. I can't find anything on the news as of yet. I think they were playing near Flint, Michigan. Anyone hear about it?

EDIT: Just heard that it was Columbus, OH. Four people killed.

-Copperhead

Last edited:
5 killed...Darryl, 2 concert goers, the gunman and head of security Mayhem. Sucks. Saw Pantera a bunch of years ago, awesome show, Darryl was an incredible guitar player. Heard rumors that the shooter was Anselmo, that was on some message board last night.

Yeah that sucks! I seen them (pantera) years ago when they first started playing. The guy must have thought he was at a rap show or something.

They've been talking about it all day here on the radio. Listeners have been calling in all day. Some were there, and others where just expressing their condolences. Crazy stuff, I can't believe someone would actually do that!! I been listening to Pantera for a long time too, really sucks this had to happen.

Get up.
Get on up.
P1010117_1.jpg

bjoehandley said:
Last I heard they're still trying to find out why, atleast the shooter got what he deserved.
what happened to the shooter

Yup, and it looked like the people in the crowd weren't complaining about the cop's use of a gun either, this one guy said he just came in and "did his job" while making his fingers look like a gun and waving that same hand around a little for the camera.

Back