• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Digital Chop Shop: Jeep Commander

dogtired

NAXJA Forum User
Ya I know... posted on another forum, but anyways:

before:
0859558j2006_009.jpg

after:
2i5lyb

Let me know what you think, my photoshop skills is a lil rusty. See if you can spot obvious changes.

:viking:

well, for 1, it looks a lot better!

you took out the parts that made it ugly!

the back door and rear quarter are shorter and better proportioned.

i couldnt find any more....

looks good though

i want to see some 33's on there though!

Thanks for the quick feedback... I will try to implement the changes based on you guy's feedback hopefully by tommorrow evening and post them. 33's eh? Hehe. Hope Jason from jeepin.com won't kill me for stealing his pix and changing them. :wave:

MoabXJeeper said:
Damn, I feel sorry for the people who have to sit in back. Nice job though. :peace:
Reminds me of the rear seating on the kj. But I'd have to say nice job.

Hey thanks for the positive responses guys! Yah, I wil try to lengthen the rear doors a little more, that shouldn't be a problem. It looks more and more like a XJ which it should have been all along, slightly overhauled and more up to date looks. DC should have made these kinds of changes and would have sold a few million more. Which btw, what is the new designation letters for the Commander?

Grizzley said:
Trimmed the flares up too. Looks nice. . .

Didn't even notice till you pointed it out:laugh3: .

Try to tone down the crome roof rack, and a set of 15" wheels with the aforementioned 33's.

ECKSJAY said:
Here's my version.

jeep%20cherokee.jpg

Dude, I totally agree with you... why mess with a classic? That's why we are here in these forums for our common bond = THE CHEROKEE. Well... from all the news and the discussion from the forums, looks like the Commander is here to stay and we might as well go with the flow... cause the good ole XJ will never be back. And since it is a new model, might as well start modding it... remember the old saying: "Jeeps are built, not bought". It is cheaper and easier to mod it digitally, and I will bet someone will actually change their Commander to look similar to my changes. And I hope they will too... and you know those crazy jeepers will do it! :wave:

Last edited:
the before is obviously ugly and the after just looks like some bastard child of a liberty. nice chop though

FitchVA said:

That right thar is what I would use for our next family truckster in place of our current seven passenger station wagon. I can even, gulp, get over the IFS for a rig like that. IFS is lame in a Jeep, but its not going away so we have to do what the Toyota guys have done - get over it or yank it!
The hardest-core trail I would run a fairly new 40K Jeep over is unimproved logging roads during hunting season anyway.

now THATS what I'm talking about!

NOW its something i would consider buying! and driving around (in a few years anyway)

someone should email that photo to DCX!!!

perhaps DCX should post pics of their new ideas on this board, and let us review prior to deployment. (yeah, right)

i know i know, its all marketing etc etc and the XJ isnt coming back... :rattle:

but this new modded commander is lookin sweet! :laugh3:

Back