• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Digital Camera Gurus

kdailey4315

NAXJA Forum User
I've seen a couple of camera threads on here and there seems to be some people who know what they are talking about so I have a few questions. I'm looking to get a new digital camera for the wife for Christmas. She has a Cannon Rebel XTi DSLR (which I know is not the greatest) but it is good enough for her. She wants a digital camera that is much more easier to carry, meaning non SLR. So I'm looking for a really good non DSLR camera to get her. Any suggestions. Since their not really that expensive I don't really have a budget.

umm I use to use a sony DSC/10 I think it is...... anyways really nice camera and super compact, had alot of DSLR features on it too. Don't be scared of sony because they don't specialize in camera's they actually bought minolta who was in this bussiness from the start. thats my .2

Simple Point and shoot... Canon SD1100is... FANTASTIC P&S camera... i find myself taking it with me sometimes over my DSLR.

JOe

So I'm looking for a really good non DSLR camera to get her. Any suggestions. Since their not really that expensive I don't really have a budget.

The one factor that drove me to the DSLR from an HP point-n-shoot was that the HP was sloooooow, about 1 - 1.5 seconds to take a picture. Very annoying for anything except subjects that move at geologic speed. Maybe that's been cured in the P&S world but it's a characteristic to to ask about when considering a purchase.

The one factor that drove me to the DSLR from an HP point-n-shoot was that the HP was sloooooow, about 1 - 1.5 seconds to take a picture. Very annoying for anything except subjects that move at geologic speed. Maybe that's been cured in the P&S world but it's a characteristic to to ask about when considering a purchase.

OH yeah... no more click... wait..... PICTURE... its much faster now... my Nikong DSLR can process and take the photo within half a second at most... my Canon SD1100is is slower but hardly....

Make sure you don't get some cheap on sale memory card... thats also what is helping cameras speed up today is the ability to write to the card faster..

JOe

Back