• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Diff covers

which covers will clear a 1 1/2" steering tie rod? iv'e heard that some people needing to shave/clearance their D30 cover to keep the large 1 1/2" tie rods from rubbing.

My RuffStuff leaves me with about 1/4" at full lock with my Currie steering. It has a 1 1/4" tie rod so in theory that would leave you with 1/8" at full lock, IF your steering happens to have the same angles as the Currie system. It's really going to depend more upon the design of your steering system that it is on the diameter of your tie rod.

another +1 for Ruffstuff
d30 and ford 8.8 for me, get the drain plug option, and counter sunk
i didnt get countersunk and i wish i did now
and drain plug is the best for avoiding spills for trail side axle fixs

xwhatever for ruffstuff. I have the 30/8.8 only have the 30 on atm. If something manages to break that cover then the rest of my jeep wasn't salvageble anyway :p Great product!

I run Solid covers front and rear, there pretty beef. I've also seen the Ruffstuff ones and there even beefier. I say you can't go wrong with either one

You guys have weapons on hand right? Do some testing... :D I for one want to see what a .50 BMG or .50 AE would do to your covers. My bet is that they would withstand the AE no problem but not the BMG, since those will go through an engine block.

Also, another vote for RuffStuff.

I was going to run ruffstuff covers but went with Riddlers instead, not much more money either. I do like ruffstuff's products though. I run there weld in uni-body stiffeners. Great company to deal with.

Back