• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Diesel Truck: FORD OR DODGE

Dodge's are alot cheaper than the Fords. If Dodges were so much better than the Fords, then why has ford out sold Dodge 2:1 and sometimes 4:1 in there trucks. It aint looks cause Fords have gotton Ugly and the Dodges look pretty good.

1985xjlaredo said:
fdsa487, There is a reason why 99% of work trucks out there are Ford Super Duty Trucks. Why they are all White I don't know, but 99% of all work trucks in any fleet, from Construction to Iron Working to Surveying, all use the Ford super duty line of trucks. Tell me have You ever seen a Dodge Parks and Rec truck where you are from. Or what about a Chevy Water Dept. Truck?

I think it all depends on region.
I could say the exact same thing about GM/Chevy trucks in my area (except green or blue in color). There arn't many Ford's running around that a owned by a business for any heavy work. Also, take a look into what MA and VT are using for their fleet vehicles, it's all newer GMCs and Chevys.

This thread is never going to end with a clear winner. The OP just needs to find what he likes and what fits his budget. Then no matter what he choses there will be someone to state he should have gotten something else.

I just drove 08 chev 3500 duelie nice truck only 3000. on clock no problems sofar
08 F450 980 on clock just R&R motor my freind works at ford new motors
are junk I love the cummins. after 04 they started buying V10's No morre
diesel fords at work I have driven all of the trucks if it was my money Dodge
good luck Big Sal

Gerr said:
the ford is gona be a better all around truck for the wifey to drive it is a little more user friendly and a lot more comfortable interior wise.

So Ford's are chick trucks? Just stirring the pot jk;)

2008-Dodge-Ram-4500-and-5500-610-lb.jpg

Im going to drive them both then make my decision. I will only get the 7.3 ford if I end up getting a ford. 4 wheel drive of course.

This just sucks because the wife and I are trying to buy this house and its a short sale and its taking forever. I dont want to go buy the truck and hurt my credit so I have to wait. Its cool though it gives me more time to research what I really want.

fdsa487 said:
Are you going to use this for a tow rig?

If so I would look for one that hasn't been lifted. A stock or even one with a leveled front end and larger tires will handle sooooo much better then a big lifted truck. Its also way more usable.

I don't know how these guys get stuff out of the bed when they can't even see in them.

DrMoab said:
Are you going to use this for a tow rig?

If so I would look for one that hasn't been lifted. A stock or even one with a leveled front end and larger tires will handle sooooo much better then a big lifted truck. Its also way more usable.

I don't know how these guys get stuff out of the bed when they can't even see in them.

Yeah it will be a daily drive and a tow rig for taking the toys out to the deset.

I thought about the lifted thing... maybe not so fun.

A cummins with an allison in a Ford w/leather interior...if it could be made is the best of the best...

I love Ford interiors. When I was truck shopping I wanted a Ford, I bleed Ford blue...but I wanted the 7.3 due to reliability issues with the 6.0...i drove a 7.3....

then, i drove a 06 5.9 cummins...hands down quick...i bought it...not a huge fan of the interior but it will do. got the auto, going to install a 30k tranny cooler under the bed with an aux fan...next year ill upgrade the torque converter...those two things should extend the life of the tranny...

if you have a family or haul others around i would check out the mega cab, its only a short bed, but offers unbelievable interior room. and b&w does make a gooseneck hitch for the short bed as well...i put one in with relative ease...

mac 'my motor will be running when the truck falls apart around it' gyvr

I have been with Ford for ever with friends that run both Chevy and Dodge. The one difference I hear from people who really use there trucks is that the Ford is so much tougher, Suspension, Load ability, Steering components etc.. My good friend who is at Chevy tells me the there trucks drive great, nice fancy interiors, but they just don't hold up. Ford definitely has issues with the 6.0L even though I own one that has been great. The new 6.4 has so far been fantastic and the quality of the ride is un-believable. As far as which fleets or city/government use the most, Its all about price, Chevy has a very low price point truck compared to Ford. Nationally, you will find small businesses like Construction company's using way more Fords. So goes 32 years of truck leadership!

Back