• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Diesel Jeep redux

Saw that jeep in person this weekend. Russ is a friend of the family. Its a really clean job. He has some body rust issues to resolve. He admitted that the diesel doesnt have any more power than the 4.2 but the MPG gains are remarkable. I think he needs to get a better intake, currently has a cone filter under the hood. I think a snorkel or a air box on the front fender would be a good idea.

That is awsome! Would take some major hood cutting to get one in a MJ, or XJ. Definitly has some potential for ideas though.

seanR said:
GO DETROIT V6-71 OR GO HOME!

Would one of those fit in my Suburban? Then I can swap the 6.5 into the MJ.

http://www.dieselforecast.com/ArticleDetails.php?articleID=304

This is what you want to look at for doing a Jeep Swap. Small Block Chevy footprint, will be going into the 1500 trucks and SUVs for 2008, and decent economy to boot.

I'll sell my OBS F250 with the Stroke to get one of these new if it's gets 30mpg as forecasted. Then I'd have to immediately wreck it and buy it back from the insurance co for parts :)

- JP

Last edited:
Back