• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Did the fuel injector swap along with 99+ intake

richslezak

NAXJA Forum User
Over the new year weekend I took on a partial engine update. Old header was cracked so got a banks revolver. While there I migh as well update the intake manifold and since doing that decided to do the injector swap. Since I cracked the old header, probably due to welded exhaust and no flex pipe and/or bad motor mounts, I got a flex pipe welded in and also installed new M.O.R.E motor mounts. I also removed the rusty's tb spacer. No need for that with the new 99+ intake manifold

I was a bit nervous about he undertaking so waited for a four day weekend to do the job. All went well thanks to many great articles and posts here and other xj forums. I got the right tools for the job and began New Year's Eve from 5-10 then all of New Year's Day and four hours the next day. Took my time and did it right. The major pia task was the damn header bolts. There was one bolt (#1 in the tightening sequence) that took me 45 minutes to get in the hole. I used my gumby/inspector gadget arms and snaked them through the header pipes to get the bolt in. Had a nice cold beer after that ordeal.

Since my xj is a New England car it was somewhat rusty under the hood. Ended stripping the fuel rod and throttle cable bracket and reprinting them. Took the bolts and cleaned them as much as I could.

yeygy2nrh

I did this in a gravel driveway on summer day in ct. It was not fun by any means! I did the newer intake manifold, bored tb, and a apn header, now I'm about to do it again but this time I'm using a felpro gasket and a borla header/downpipe. Motor mounts is something I did when I first got it so that has been addressed and now I'm thinking about engine plates.

Back