• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dick Cepek Mud Country II tires...any one running these?

Toyman

NAXJA Forum User
Hi all,

After stopping by my local 4wd supplier to pick up my new EA rims and 33" Truxs tires, I found out that they only have 1 tire in and 3 are still on order. The ETA on the tires is....who knows. Too many back orders for Interco to fill so I am debating on going with the new 35" Dick Cepek Mud Country II's, that can arrive with an actual ETA of just under 2 weeks.

They deal is alright, they are around $50 CDN more for the 35" MC II's than 33" Trxus and the rubber seems to be stiffer than the Truxs. They also have a good deal of spacing between the lugs which help to clean out the mud.

So is anyone running the Mud Country II's? I haven't found any unbiased reveiws on the net (I have used the "search" button). I would love to hear from someone with actual real world experience on these tires.

Cheers.

A friend of mine runs these and he loves them. Claims they are the best street/mud combo tire available. He has 60k/miles on his without any signs of uneven wear. He also mentioned they true and balance a lot better (DC has insane QA apparently). If you do get em, I think you'll be happier with them than the Trxus, especially if you're mostly on pavement or in wet weather.

I saw a review in Peterson's May 07 that was fairly decent. So I went back to my shop and ordered up a set after some haggling and they should be here in a couple weeks.

I should have a review up for these shorlty after May Long!

Back