• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Diamond Plating Side Moldings/Protection

Diamond Plating Looks Good Or Bad?

• Looks Great

Votes: 193 81.8%
  • Looks Bad! (I would never do it to my rig)

Votes: 43 18.2%

• Total voters
can anybody give any tips or advice as to how you actually make them? Everyone's looks good....so let us know how you did it. What kind of steel? How did you bend it etc? Any guidance is appreciated.

Chris

I have to say I really like the look of the ones that cover the rocker panel too. Mine has taken a beating on the last couple of runs and looks like crap now. Now I need to get some thing to protect those areas before it gets worse.

Ray

Images gone for some reason...

The images I posted for the first post aren't working anymore and I dunno why. It must be something with NAXJA cuz I attached them using the forum instead of posting direct image links. Anyway, here's links of the original pictures that I posted at the beginning in case anyone was wondering.

200506161511_00034.jpg

200506171152_00039.jpg

(This last one's just for kicks)
200506201343_00053_2.jpg

I'm doing this next week I'm just not sure how I'm going to attach them. I have some rust I'm grinding out of the doors and the rockers. I'm going to treat the whole area with POR-15 after the grind and then attach the plates.. But how? 3M tape? Rivets? Silicon? I want to ensure no more rust!

Back