• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Detours????

IROCthe4.0

NAXJA Forum User
Is detours still around? Ive been tring to call them all week long but the phone just rings and rings. I even emailed but no responce. I want to get one of their rear bumpers but cant seem to get a hold of anyone over there. Anyone know whats up?
Matt

The owner is moving as well as the shop. He is really busy, and just doesn't have time to do anything right now. He won't get to building bumpers until after the first of the year.

Not moving out of CT is he? Hes like the next town over from me, id be able to pick up a bumper and save shipping. Know where hes goin?
Matt

IROCthe4.0 said:
Not moving out of CT is he? Hes like the next town over from me, id be able to pick up a bumper and save shipping. Know where hes goin?
Matt

Mark's bumper is worth waiting for. think of it as a late x-mas present.

sidriptide said:
Mark's bumper is worth waiting for. think of it as a late x-mas present.

X2 !!!! I have his rear bumper and I love it!!! Excellent fit and quality! It's worth the wait, don't buy anything else!!

Carman

IROCthe4.0 said:
Matt

He is moving quite a distance from CT. I'll let Mark break the news on where exactly he is relocating too. For some reason, I don't feel that it's my place to make that announcement.:D

I have been in contact with him and he wants anyone interested to know that he is super busy right now. He will do his best to return emails and the like as soon as he can. He is moving his home and shop, like Begster said. He hopes to have the new shop up and in production by the first of the year. He does have an announcement on his website, but it seems as if most don't see it.

www.detoursusa.com

Hale

Is he back up and running? I would really like to purchase a backbone system for my XJ, but can't seem to reach anybody through the website. Any of you know if he's hung his welder up for good?

Is he still in business? He was supposed to be up & running in January, Its MARCH!
I hope all is well & he gets up & running fast, I need a set of his shock extenders ASAP!

he is relocating from Ct to i believe NC or Kentucky.. i really doudt Mark is hanging it up but you never know.. just keep watching his site i guess. i cant imagine how full his email box is at this point.

I just called the 203 number listed on detours website, disconnected. I guess that is a good sign, as far as the moving part.

I've been searching for a good looking bumper with tire carrier to put on my XJ and I think Detours has it.

Also that XJ backbone is perfect! I don't want to weigh down the front end with a large bumper, but I do want a winch. That XJ backbone will allow me to keep my driving lights.

JeepNightShot.jpg

garr said:
I phoned, It is disconnected
I "E" mailed, Received No reply (It's been over a week).

Same for me. I was hoping somebody that knew him could get in touch and see how long it would be before he's up and running. I wouldn't mind waiting if I knew for sure he would be up and going in a few weeks.

I know he ran into a few unforeseen problems opening the new shop, and it is probably going to be a couple of more weeks. But he IS going to opening back up ASAP

-Paul

Great news Paul, thanks!

Guys chill out and give the guy a break some times things come up that are unexspected, i know mark and he will get back to everyone as soon as he can. it takes alot to move your life and business form state to state.

Guys chill out and give the guy a break

jeep_sparetire.gif

I'm chilling with a big-ass tire in the cargo area. :looney:

Last edited:
xtrememtbiker85 said:
Guys chill out and give the guy a break some times things come up that are unexspected, i know mark and he will get back to everyone as soon as he can. it takes alot to move your life and business form state to state.

absolutely, but it's been months now. at least update the site to that effect....that the business has moved and current info and if he's not ready for new orders, say it. We'll understand - communication is key.

as others have stated...after looking around for awhile, Detours is the bumper I want. It'd just be nice whether it will be this month, this summer, or next year so that I can decide whether to hold out for it.

Back