• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Deer Valley Aug 12-14

I'm with Bryan C. Sierrafest has been open for gray names since I've been going.

just got back from sr mitchells deer valley run.
trail is bitchin! still some snow banks we had to pull a couple guys through.
TONS of mosquitos!
i plan on going to the deer valley portion of sierrafest.

Mosquitos weren't too bad on the western side of camp away from the water. But then again, I was "camping" in the deluxe suites so what do I know? (Showers, medium rare porterhouse, and cold beer aren't too bad when you're camping if you ask me).

I've never been to either of these trails, do you guys run both deer valley and slickrock in from hwy 4 and then come back out the same way?

I've never been to either of these trails, do you guys run both deer valley and slickrock in from hwy 4 and then come back out the same way?

Because most of the group is camping at Hermit Valley, they will be going in and back out the same way (from Hwy 4).

We also start Slick Rock from Hwy 4 on Sunday and most of the Kalifornians drive out and head home from the other side of the trail. Guys from Reno usually drive the trail back to Hwy 4 since that is closer to home for us.

anyone interested in a friday night run up deer valley?
night runs are fun...just stay off josh's rock.

Assuming I make the trip (having some engine trouble) I'm totally down for a night run. I even have rock lights this year!

we'll be into camp by about 4:pm thursday so happy to do a day run friday if anyone's comming in early enough. let me know so we'll plan & wait for ya. i don't stay up past 10: less my wife begs, and she won't for a night run.

Sure, who's this fool w/ the TJ? Does he know it's an XJ group, here's the XJ i built: 4.7 stroker, 35s, dana 44s, auburn ected & detroit, PSC ram...
DSC04711.jpg

Is there a time that the run is going to start saturday morning? I just want to make sure I get up there early enough.

Does this mean we will not see you at the H-Lo’s run?

Nope, I will be in NY moving Rachel in to her house. Thats why I am going on this run :) You should go too.

So is there a potluck or something on Sat night like usual? Someone clue me in.

Also, a Friday night run on Deer Valley would be pretty sweet. I believe there is supposed to be a solar shower that night that will make the sky look kinda cool. Hanging out at the first plateau might be kinda cool.

So is there a potluck or something on Sat night like usual? Someone clue me in.

Also, a Friday night run on Deer Valley would be pretty sweet. I believe there is supposed to be a solar shower that night that will make the sky look kinda cool. Hanging out at the first plateau might be kinda cool.

i keep forgetting to plan a friday night run, so lets make it official.
make sure you fix your rock lights so when you get stuck again we can see how to get you unstuck from josh rock...:explosion

make sure you fix your rock lights so when you get stuck again we can see how to get you unstuck from josh rock...:explosion
Keep teasing me and we will have words...I am a fragile flower. Those rocks were being d-holes anyway.

Back