• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

decided to redo my winch bumper

EricT

NAXJA Forum User
Decided I wanted it up a little higher ;) and reinforce the steering box mount

jeep%20bumper%20042.jpg

jeep%20bumper%20043.jpg

Rufies97XJ said:
thats is sweet.... simple yet very effective!!
what do you have in it? cost wise?

If you just count the steel, it is less than $50, but I did buy a few good drill bits, sanding discs, cut off blades, etc...

thanks man, it was alot of work and there is alot more bracing in the sides then what you can see. If I had to do it again, the only thing I would change would be frenching the d-ring tabs in instead of put them on the out side. It weighs a little bit more than my previous bumper too. :D And it doesn't feel very good when it hits your knee from 30 inches, but it looks good.

Eric, that looks sweet. Thats just about exactly what I had in mind for a bumper. Is there any way you have the parts and dimensions laying around to post?

Mike

I have the concept in autocad, but it is at work. Also have the template for the side pieces in autocad at a friends house. I'll see if I can't sketch something up. Hit me up backchannel

bumper

I like the bumper to . Iam thinking of building my own if you d
slide the plans my way :D . Before i go out and get the stuff I am trying to work with AJ from AJ's offroad armor If I can get him to build me one for under $350 Ill be happy

Back