• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

December RC Trail Ride

FYI for anyone interested / future reference - if you turn LEFT out of Rausch it is a MUCH easier and shorter trip out to the highway (turn right where the road splits, then right again). It's barely a hill in that direction and no tight curves. Puts you onto Rt 209 and the highway is right there (exit 107 - Tremont/Tower City exit off 81). I go this way all the time now unless i need to stop for gas.

6ga5iq.png

...Thats the way I always take, and if that hill was snow or ice covered, I'd be concerned. With my Jeep loaded, thats a good 7k plus I've got pushing behind me. The forecast called for icy conditions in the afternoon, and I could see overshooting the ramp. Call it an abundance of caution.. I go that way whether I need gas or not, just a quick stop at the Ravine exit for fuel and they have Green Mountain Coffee there.

be up at RC this saturday if anyone is interested drop me a line...

I'll be there for sure now. Chris, send me a PM with your phone number so I can reach you if I'm running late or get pulled over on the way down.

Back