• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Debating A Beater XJ

GhostDakota

NAXJA Forum User
I was browsing my YouTube and found one of the original video's my ex recorded of me on an off-road Course at Jeff Daniels Jeeps in Harleysville. It's my original XJ just minutes after we installed my lift and tires:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEMw2q5MTrk

So now.. the itch is back! I'm debating another XJ purchase, most likely toward late fall/winter as a beater/snow vehicle. I've only had two door XJ's in the past. Anyone here had both the 2 and 4 door? What'd you like better, if anything, about the either?

Thanks!

Anyone here had both the 2 and 4 door?

I've had both.

For city driving by myself I loved the two door. They look good and the big doors are easier to get in/out even if you're on the thinner side. You also get the B pillar in a less conspicuous spot.

On the trail I prefer a four door for gear loading. It just makes loading and unloading at camp a whole lot easier to have those rear doors.

With family involved it's all about the four door, one of the reasons I let me two door go was kids. I still miss my old Chief though, even if it was ugly as hell :cry:

^^ This.

I have owned (2) 4-doors and (1) 2-door. I am tall with a moderate frame and I loved the ease of entry on the 2-door. My current project is a 4-door because that is what was available. The ease of gear loading/unloading is a plus because I camp and always carry tools.

My $0.02

I'm 6'4" and noticed that the 2 door's I owned were always nice and easy for entry/egress. I have been in a few 4 doors and noticed it slightly awkward to enter, but didn't seem too bad. I like the whole idea of letting people get in the back without opening my door and folding my seat. That's a PITA if you do it too often...

I have owned 5 2 doors and my bud has had 2 4 doors (I drive his jeeps alot). My personal preference is the 2 door for ease to get in and styling. That B pillar in the way does suck IMO when I drive his jeep. As far as unloading gear I usually try to keep it all in the way back to keep the back seat kind of neat. Plus 2 doors have a cup holder in the back. But sometimes I do realize how nice it is to get the bottle jack out of a 4 door versus a lifted 2 door when it is under your back seat.

4 doors last longer than 2 doors

ask me how i know.

2 doors do have more sex appeal though

I have owned both. And the 2dr is my pick of the 2. Same interior space. I do not usually have more than 1 passenger, so the back seat thing doesnt bother me. I like the look much better. If you find a 4dr cheap enough, don't turn away. I got my current 4 dr for a great deal. haven't seen too many 2drs in my area tho.

Back