• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

DD Fuel Efficiency / Performance Upgrades?

My 90 gets an easy 20-21 on the highway on 30" tires and 4.10 gearing and 2" lift.

Engine mods;

Freshly rebuilt 4.0 with less than 20k on it. It was decked/milled/bored .040 over.

FirePower ignition
Spectre cowl intake
EGR and all emissions are hooked up and working. The vac harness has been replaced with Tygon 2 cycle fuel line with the exception of the MAP line and FPR line.
High flow cat Flowmaster 40
All of the RENIX inputs and outputs are working at normal ranges, I'm running Bosch replacement injectors.
NGK plugs with stock gap

I average 16-17 in town.

I'm up again without even trying ... 425 km's travelled 62L gas used = 19mpg and that was mixed driving (255km h-way, 170km city).
Only difference I did was cruise at 2250rpm (~60mph/ 100km/h) and no charger starts off the lights.
Starting a new cycle that should be mostly h-way driving and should hit the 20's .... the 2250 cruise rpm seems to ba winner though, remembered reading a while back it was the most efficient range for the 4.0 ... So far I'm convinced.

Back