• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

DC/MD/NoVa M&G or Trail Ride?

Here are some dates:

Febuary 10 or 11 fits right between two Crozet Weekends so I would be up for that. Jan 27 or 28 work for me as well.

Anyone else?

John

are you going to crozet in early feb, Nosigma? If I can get my springs by then I'll probably go.

Highlander said:
meh, 20th I have a date with a chop saw, angle grinder and a welder...

Early feb would be good for me.

What do we have in the works here?

The 17 & 18 Crozet days are a priority for me (trail maintenance and a day of wheeling). I might make the Feb 3 Crozet day but I doubt that the wife will "happily" let me wheel 3 weekends in a row so going on the 3rd prevents me from doing anything on the 10th or 11th. Of course if trying to put something together for the 10th & 11th doesnt pan out then its Crozet on the 3rd.

John

53guy said:
What do we have in the works here?

getting rid of some stock sheetmetal and adding more protection!!! *L*

Nick our club has Crozet reserved for the 24th of Feb if your interested!

Anyone else for that matter!

Highlander said:
getting rid of some stock sheetmetal and adding more protection!!! *L*

Nick our club has Crozet reserved for the 24th of Feb if your interested!

Anyone else for that matter!

Lol, didn't even know we had the 24th locked down....i should pay more attention to our site. I'll definately try to be there.

danny_v_l said:
Well as of now i owe my 700 bucks for last months car payment(200) and also 500 for the edge trail jammer. but i think i am going to get an exhuast so my car can breath unrestricted. But i was hopeing that my dad could teach my to weld so maybe me and him could make some rock rails, i know this is alittle off topic but do you think a 1`n 1/2 inch square tube would work for them. I learned the hard way that not having rock rails and trying to jack up my wagoneer with a hi-lift was a bad idea, bent the rocker a tad but then i realeased what was happening so i stoped.

But any way i am down for anything, as long as you think my xj can handle it.

Don't forget about the $80 you owe me from last April...still awaiting a response to my emails and pms.

I just got the OK from the wife for Crozet on the 17th and 18th. I sure hope everyone can make it out, spend a day working on the trails and a day wheeling.

Who's up for Crozet?

John

I'm shooting for the 24th with DSO, but if the weekend before is open on my schedule, I'd probably be up for it.

Danny,

Yes, you can run Crozet. There are trails at all levels and for all rigs. HOWEVER

You must have front and rear tow points. Do you have them?
You must bring a tow strap. Do you have one?

With the above on your rig you can run green and low blue.

You will have alot more fun if you have:
Rock Rails.
Transfer case skid plate (close to manditory for XJ's)
Gas tank skid plate (close to manditory for XJ's)

Adding the above will let you run all blues with just one or two bypasses.

Its good to have:
A spare tie rod (I have one if you need it).
Diff cover skids.
Tranny skid.

The above doenst let you drive more difficult trails it just reduced the risk and extent of any damage if you mess up.

Its helpful to have:
One locker. You can run the blues open but you need to pick really good lines and anticipate being strapped once or twice.

Anyone have another viewpoint?

BTW 17-18 is a trail maintenance day followed by a day of wheeling for those who do trail maintenance.

John

i have none of the above, i think i need to work on that haha, just wondering there isn't a age limit to going on a trail ride ie you have to be 18 or older or something like that

John, you still up for the 17th? Sure is cold and icy out there! I'm only gonna be able to go the 17th, I have work on the 18th, so I'll cut some trails, try some out and such and use my pass for the next weekend with DSO.

Back