• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dana 44 tru crossover high steer

ranger125

NAXJA Forum User
well fellahs i searched and found only inverted t set ups , i am building a crossover setup and i am wondering y so few have . here are my specs as is 96 cherokee, 7 inches of lift , long arms , 30 front 8.8 rear and 36 inch swampers . now in my garage waiting is a hp 44 and a 9 , flat tops fitted with blank high steer arms . so any suggestions ??

I love it when a guy says he already searched, and has a legitimate question, and then for an answer he gets told to search. :huh:

And order it because it's custom?? Damn, pretty much every guy here who has any form of high steer made their own stuff. Love it when the only guy who answers doesn't know the answer to the question.

One of the reasons many use an inverted T is for fitment issues. If you want a crossover, you just have to build it. Many places sell D44 high steer arms with hole locations for a crossover set up. The main issue is fitment, since the tie rod generally is behind the drag link, and you can have problems with the tie rod hitting the coil springs and the diff cover. Since you're making a new axle, you can mount the coil buckets back a little and move the axle forward slightly which can give you a little more room. It's basically a trial and error fit, and you have to have measurements for where you want to holes in your high steer arms......which will also depend on whether you're going to use rod ends or 1 ton TRE's. It's possible to mount the tie rod in front of the drag link, but that requires really long high steer arms and then the tie rod is so far forward that it's much more likely to get hit and bend......I know this from experience. That's why one of my rigs has inverted T and the other has inverted Y.

The inverted T works fine and is easier to fit, and is stronger if you use rod ends. If you use TRE's on an inverted T then the pass side end that accepts the TRE from the drag link is the weak link and can bend.

Back