• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 30 upgrade time

alloy USAs can be had for pretty cheap, but you dont get the sweet warranty anymore (well this is arguable, but they are going under), however you can get them for $550-650 and they are strong as hell, they will break before your R&P does though, which is prob good. this would be the perfect deal were it not for them going out of business

I always forget to break the hub nut loose before i jack the jeep up. What i do is i take a breaker bar thats not to long and slam the crap out of it with a 5 pound hammer. The nut will spin before the hud has a chance to. If i remember right the nut needs to be tourqed to 150 foot pounds.

So I am replacing the shaft with an whole hub and shaft. Took me less 1.5 hours to get the hub/shaft and diff cover off. I am draining the diff and I will use some brake cleaner to completely clean it; there was no mud in there like I had thought there would be, but there is some in the tube. I put a rag on a stick and tried to clean it out, but there is still some in there.
What is the best way to get the mud out of the tube? Is it ok to leave it in there?

My passenger hub assembly went out yesterday, so im doing the same hting on monday, heading to the junkyard to grab a shaft/wheel bearing assembly and just toss that in there.

I don't have an impact wrench, thats why I found a replacement with the hub. It went really quick and when I go grab some spares I will be taking the whole hub with it because it was so much easier.

I still cant do it without an impact.

As for the mud, id say use some creative techniques to get as much mud out as possible, i have a ton in mine but i still just slide the shaft in there dispite the mud, prob not the best idea though haah

Back