• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dana 30 rebuild difficulty

emr1101

NAXJA Forum User
Okay so my front d30 is messed up every which way, split bearing, bad u-joints, dirt in case, worn TREs, rusted tie rods, bad ball joints, leaking pinion seal, tacod upper control arm mount, bent lower control arm mount, about the only thing good about it is its got new brakes (but those are transferable anyway).
and it has 3.07s >:0

sooo i regearing 8.25 to 4.10 most likely, maybe 4.56s but i want to try to find a 4.10 geared d30...

I was wondeirng i konw theres lots of stuff that can wear out, i can replace wheel bearings easily, u-joints too even though they stink (mine are rusted on) and stuff like axle shaft seals (i think). I also plan on adding JCR steering...
So i definitly cant do gearing swaps, but how incredibly hard are ball joints? And can i do a pinion seal change or does that require gear setting?

I might just look for a partially built d30 i might get lucky anyone have any for sale?

Last edited by a moderator:
sounds to me like you should just find a junkyard 30 to start over with. then
replace all that crap. or like you said, just find a semi built one already.

Yeah thats the plan, i want to find a junkyard one 97-99 out of a 4 cyl so its got 4.10s... And just hope it has a good pinion seal, then swap out the ball joints with Moog ones, then get some fresh u-joints in there..

Back