• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 30 must have!!

Wow,..
They're not making those any more? You'd think they'd be a big seller.

Probably a good reason it's the last one.

For $7 one could just buy some black light spray paint and just paint the stock diff cover for the same effect.

I sort of want it... I have a diff guard that would go nicely over that....

but for 135$ I can do other more important things....

I bought a full size Bronco with one of these on it... POS, When I bought it it was leaking from the rear diff, I pulled the cover and saw it had small little cracks along the bottom from the hot gear oil and it was seeping out.

Think of it like putting coffee in an acrylic cup... It will start to make small cracks after a while. Needless to say it got a factory stamped cover real quick.

i could see that being a good thing at a shop school... but nowhere else.

Would look good as long as you kept fresh oil in it. Otherwise it is going to get nasty fast. They show you the clean fluid on their site, but they look nasty and gross after a while.

old volvos were all D30 rears

They were sorta Dana 30 rears. I have a True Track for a Dana 30 in my factory Volvo rear end, but the ring and pinion are Volvo only. Somewhere I read about some junkyard build enthusiasts using the factory LSD from the Volvos in Jeep D30s since they are a Eaton G80. However, the standard D30 R&P are nowhere near correct for a Volvo housing. I do believe that the covers are compatible though.

Someone should email them and ask if they have one for a Ford 9"

Might be cool for a show car I guess.

Someone should email them and ask if they have one for a Ford 9"

Might be cool for a show car I guess.

Good luck welding it in. Lmfao.:banghead:

Back