• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 30 caliper upgrade

surf2snow

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone know of an off the shelf replacement caliper that will out perform the stock Dana 30 calipers on stock rotors. Maybe a dual piston caliper or better.
Going on 98 4.0, 35" tires and have disc in the rear. I have also put in a Dodge 2500 master cylinder. So I'm looking to for a larger bore or twin piston.

Nothing is really gonna be 'off the shelf'

Wj swap is probably #1 but will require new unit bearings, ball joints, and a slew of other small parts. However if you need to replace that stuff anyway it's a win win

Other option would be black magic brakes.
Awesome stuff there!

Vanco makes big brake kits as well. More plug n pray than WJ swap.

It was for a 1999. But didn't give me more braking power. Just made it harder brake pedal. That's why I was asking about a larger brake caliper. I will most likely go back to stock master cylinder.

Have you tried the black magic brake pads?

Vanco makes big brake kits as well. More plug n pray than WJ swap.

Vanco doesn't make anything anymore.

Black Magic Brakes makes them.

OP:

the most "bolt on" solution is a big brake kit from Black Magic. it will come with everything you need.

nothing else will bolt up to an XJ knuckle.

why did you choose to go to the 2500 master?

you'd be better off going back to a stock master and getting a 15" kit from Black Magic.

Well it looks like that I'm going back to the stock master cylinder. And I'll keep the larger master for later when I step-up to 1-ton axles. I would rather spend the money on larger axles.
I though/hoping there was a larger brake cylinder the that someone here had the answer.

Back