• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Damn it lost my job today

xj4life

NAXJA Forum User
If anyone knows of a engineering job open up let me know. I've got my mechanical engineering degree, lots of CAD experience, technical customer service, and project management.

xj4life - have you checked out NIPSCO, we just hired a few mech engineers, so not sure if there are slots open now? I haven't looked at our job board lately to see whats available.

Sorry to here that. My company is giving us one week a month off without pay. It sure would be nice to be able to pay ALL of my bills.

Chris, check Pratt & Whitney, Rocketdyne division in California and Florida (www.pratt-whitney.com/). But I think they are big on ProE, at least my division is.

Keep your head up! I lost my job back in Nov. and I start monday at a dealership in St. Louis. Don't let it get ya down!

That sucks Chris. They close down or is it a layoff?

Long time no see by the way, hope everything's good besides the whole job thing.

layoffs. they let 60 salaried employees go between our 3 plants in KY and then i know of at least 2 of us in Valpo.

things were going okay up until yesterday. wish my XJ was near by so i could at least work on it.

xj4life - have you checked out NIPSCO, we just hired a few mech engineers, so not sure if there are slots open now? I haven't looked at our job board lately to see whats available.
i'll have to look into that. thanks

I live in JC and we have plants closing around here every week, or at least laying workers off. I've never seen it so bad. Luckily I am in a good position and my work is flourishing ( Property Manager for rentals), so my job "seems" pretty safe right now. Of course you never know either ....

Good luck, it's tough out there right now.

I'm in the Reserves and my mobilization on Active Duty ended last March. I found a job doing building maintenance at Ft. McCoy, but the contract for that changed hands and the new contractor didn't hire me.

I used to think my Government job (USDA) was secure, but now they are talking about cutting back and not filling in after employees retire etc. So now I have that to consder, but seeing how farming is another source of my income, the Gov job is mainly for the benefits and insurance but I would really feel it without the added income. It is bad when even Government jobs are not secure......

Back