• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Damn I love Cherokee's

i have to agree with derrek here, you have worse luck than i do man...thankfully you are ok...

its good that you had that rear lift on at the time:greensmok
hope you find a better xj. this time maybe a bright bus yellow one would help:rof:
sucks that you did all that work on it, hope you feel better..
maybe "Colonel Sanders" can help you feel better with some magic elixirs he has in magic cans lol..

Glad you are ok. You'll be feeling it, though, in the next couple of days.

Wow! Glad to hear your ok. I'll keep a lookout for Jeeps for you.

Glad to hear you walked away.. Take your time in the AM getting out of bed... Sorry about your jeep.. you just got it on the road didn't you?

It probably won't save the vehicle, but the next XJ get two BIG ASS BUMPERS. At least you'll do more damage to the stuff around you.

This is what worries me about my XJ. I want to keep it going for years, but you never know when your plans may get changed.

As everyone else has said, at least you are ok.

Sure hate to see a good Jeep gone bad though.

Mudderoy said:
It probably won't save the vehicle, but the next XJ get two BIG ASS BUMPERS. At least you'll do more damage to the stuff around you.

This is what worries me about my XJ. I want to keep it going for years, but you never know when your plans may get changed.

As everyone else has said, at least you are ok.

Sure hate to see a good Jeep gone bad though.

I ran into the back of a chevy silverado on the fwy one time. I had a big ass bumper on the front and went through the bed and I almost drove up into it. It tweaked my crossmember a bit. So I took the plasma cutter to it and replaced it with 1/4" steel.

My crumple zones are the other vehicles sheet metal :D. I love it when people do stupid stuff in front of or behind my Jeep in little rice rockets (heh, I drive one daily, I'm one to talk). My wife usually does the commenting if she's with me "well that wasn't very smart of them, especially in front of 1/4 inch steel, what's their bumper, plastic? yup!"

Thanks everyone.
Im going to try and get a 95 green or blue this time with stick again, because I was never able to wheel the last jeep.
I went to the doctor and they gave me vicodin and motrin and im still in a great amount of pain. The sooner I get to the chiropractor the better I am.
When I go and rent a vehicle on Monday Im renting a Cherokee =)

Elias said:
So, keep your eyes and mind open. Someone or something is watching out for you or trying to tell you something.
My dad died back on Jan 1,2006 and hes helped me out with all my accident problems and has helped me avoid a few serious ones also. Theres been time when I was working on stuff and I swear Ive heard him clear as day tell me what I was doing wrong and what the right thing to be doing was.

I need help with telling insurance my upgarde values for the jeep like the tranny and t-case along with the d44 rear and leaf springs I installed. Im hoping that Ill get those things off the jeep and be able to use them on the next.

Justin I didnt see the saw on the freeway so Im sure its in the jeep somewhere or another under all the tools and papers. Ill look for it when Im not so sore in the neck and back.

Sorry Derrek I dont want that guys white cherokee...it'll make me feel bad if I dont wash it.

Red just seems to be my color no matter how hard I try to run away from it.

It's not called "Roll Over Red" for a reason... :) The consensus is that autos are way easier to wheel, no funky brake setup/line locks to hold you so you can let the clutch out and apply the gas on a 45 degree slope. Try to get at least the rear axle out of your last one for the next one. If it was regeared, locked, etc, make sure they know it.

I already talked with him and he said $100 off is what he would give me and I aint gonna argue with that. Its never seen dirt or 4x4 ever. Its been well takin care of and it aint seeing rocks until its caged im hoping.

It looks good! And you know 5spds are a bit tougher to find.

I wish there were more 5 speeds. I had an auto in the first jeep and wanted stick in the 2nd one and just loved it. Everyone keeps telling me to get another auto but I like to be different and like the different things.

Back