• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D44 with Ford radius arms

FarmerMatt said:
Cresso you aint gonna have time to preach to anybody. You're going to have a hard enough time just trying to keep up. See ya in a couple weeks.

Matt

I dunno bout not having time...from what I hear, there will be plenty of time as all those short-arm guys try to figure out a way to un-high center us long arm guys. =)

No you first.

BOTW2 is gonna be a blast. No more hung ups for this bozo. I haven't been hung once since I've raised the mounts. If I don't get hung up in JV I won't get hung up anywhere I do believe. Besides the long vs. short thing was last year. This year it's Ca vs. Co. Those Co boys don't knows whats coming.

Matt

Bah! Us CO men will teach you CA boys what real wheelin is like (said from the safety of my computer chair and 1000 miles of geographic separation).

Lessee here...only two axle swaps, one gear setup and some cage work to go. How many days do I have left? =)

This sucks...wont make BOTW2 this year we had a blast last year.....JV was a hoot.....the truck is still in many pieces.....start putting it together tommorrow...after I go get my front axle from being narrowed.....anyone got a cheap place to get control arm mounts for my rear four link?

Cresso said:
Bah! Us CO men will teach you CA boys what real wheelin is like (said from the safety of my computer chair and 1000 miles of geographic separation).

:rolleyes:

If you haven't been to the Hammers you don't know Jack! :D :D :D

Jes

Matt, are your arms custom or did you just lengthen stock ones?? I'm interested in hearing how you did them, and how you decided what length to run them. Thanks

Ary

Here's my arms with wristed pass side. They may have just a LITTLE influence from FM's arms ;)

long+arms+almost+done.jpg

From the inside of the radius of the "C" to the center of the JJ (which isn't on yet) will be 32.5" with the JJ adjusted all the way in with about 3" of adjustment out.
wristed+arm+apart.jpg

I still need to drill the hole for the pin on the rear of the stub part of the wristed arm. I'm waiting to install it on the vehicle so I can mark it in it's rested position.

Well, okay, so if the pics don't work for you, here's a link
http://photos.yahoo.com/tnvolsguy
it's under longarm build.

Last edited:
roXJeepr
The pics don't work?

My arms started out stock. I cut them off about 10" from the base of the C & ground them to fit into the rectangle tube. I had a machine shop build a slug that would fit into the rec. tube & thread the other end to fit the 1" fine thread heim. I tapered the rec. tube up at the bottom to that slug. It really isn't too complicated, just time consumeing. My friend that owns the machine shop is building them for others although they are not the cheapest thing in the world. the heims alone are $75-$80 a piece

Matt

Matt

Cool, thanks, so are the remains of the stock arms a snug fit and then just welded near the C where the tubing ends??

Ary, if you're asking me that question, then no. The ID of the tubing is 1.5"x2.5" . The stock arms are 1.25" wide and about 3" at the base of the C. I was gonna do like Matt did and grind em down till they fit into the tubing, BUT that's a helluva lot of grinding plus it only gives you about 9" of weld which I didn't trust being that it's at the point of most of the torque applied. Instead I cut the top and bottom of the tubing out 6" back (that's how long the remains of the stock arm were) and welded it in. I can get some better pics of that if you'd like. So now I have about 2.5 feet of weld at the point of most of the torque. I tend to practice overkill though out of fear that I'll underestimate forces of the machine.

FarmerMatt said:
Cresso,
You do realize that the trip starts next weekend right. :)

Matt

Yep! As of tonight, one axle swap down, one to go. The next one will be the dana 44 front with wristed radius arms. I'll be sure to post relevant pics here.

Ok, call me lazy, but does anyone in the aftermarket make suitably lengthened arms besides James Duff($$)? I'm thinking I can look around on the Ford forums for used ones etc. Just wondering. Thanks

Ary

Back