• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D44 drum brake parts

Bones

NAXJA Forum User
I have new Bendix drums and most other parts still in boxes (springs, adjusters, etc.). This includes new shoes, and wheel cyls. The wheel cylinders are oversized Ford units for greater stopping power.

I ran the larger wheel cyls with a '99 MC and booster, but any 96 or later dual diaphragm booster set up should have no problem with them.

I also have backing plates to drums (and everyting in between) in used fashion.

Went to Disks and don't need this stuff any more. I would like to sell as a package deal. It's heavy so shipping could be a real b*tch. It would have to be multiple cartons. I recommend pick up (central MO), but I'd ship @ buyer's cost if needed.

Bones :skull1:

I started carrying spare brake parts after a shoe bind and wheel cyl failure at the bottom of Guard Rail in Tellico.

Last edited:
Still available.

Everything is boxed and ready to go. Shipping is from 65020 with a total weight of the two boxes at 77lbs.

New parts list:
2 sets of return springs, 2 adjuster kits, 2 Bendix 10x2.5" drums, 1 pair of Wagner shoes, and 4 wheel cylinders.

Used parts:
2 backing plates, 2 parking brake levers, 2 parking brake struts, and 2 shoe guide plates, plus a few nuts and bolts, plugs, and anything else that looked like you would need it if you had no brakes on a bare axle housing. The bolts are more for a reference than something I would use. When I went to disks I made new bolts for the backing plates so some of the originals are included. They are flat on one side of the head. The four bolts that attach the wheel cyls to the plates are included as well. The used stuff is as it came off so it’s pretty dirty and could use a coat of paint before installation.

If anything is missing it would be the small crimp c-clips that can be bought for a few dollars.

I figured the replacement cost of the new parts is around $300 if you went to buy them at your local part store. That's not including the backing plates, parking brake levers, parking brake struts, and shoe guide plates. The 10x2.5" D44 brake drums alone are $80 each.

I can offer it all for $175.00 plus shipping.

If you need installation instructions I think I can get you a copy of the directions I have in one of my shop manuals.

Thanks,

Steve :skull1:

July, 1999 NAXJA run #1:

Back