• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D44 4.88 gear set with Powertrax NoSlip f/s

Oatmeal

NAXJA Forum User
Have a Powertra No Slip locker in a Trakloc carrier with 4.88 "thick" gears for sale.
Pulled them out last week because the locker was acting up, not locking at times and "pushing". Might be the springs and pins or a defective sycronizer, I dunno. Got a great deal on a brand new Detroit so out it came.....had to replace the gears because, they didn't work with that series carrier. Any way, I'd take $200 obo for everything.
I don't get on here too often so it'd be better to text me @ 626-221-0430
Thanks for looking,
Hans

So a detroit locker comes with this deal then is it a xj d44?

I think you're reading it wrong...pretty sure this ad is for a "powertrax no slip locker with 4.88 gears" and may need some new springs, pins, etc.

I'm sure Hans will correct me if I'm the one reading it wrong.

Yeah,
You got it right, John. I picked up a brand new Detroit for $200......my buddy found it at the swap meet for $75!
So somebody make me an offer.....I'm pretty sure the No Slip is repairable....paid $400 for it about 5 yrs ago. Gears are still good, just wouldn't work with the Detroit.
Hans

FYI most no slip problems are from just the springs, they break over time. The little spring That's inside the big one gives way. Cheap $13 kit will fix it.

FYI most no slip problems are from just the springs, they break over time. The little spring That's inside the big one gives way. Cheap $13 kit will fix it.

Well then,
There you go! C'mon somebody must need 4.88s and a locker!
Hans

Good price even if all that's needed is the PowerTrax.
I've had my "used" PowerTrax for 100K miles and wouldn't be without it.
It's allowed me to take my little 2 w.d., manual 4 cyl. surprising places without problem.
The springs have been replaced a couple but that's the only maintenance.
What axle is it in? Might help you sell it.
Mike

Back