• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D30 and brakes question

ocalajeeper

NAXJA Forum User
I have an '88 XJ with disco D30. If I put a non disco D30 from a 96 cherokee that doesn't have the brakes on it, would I be able to bolt up the brakes from my disco d30? Anyone know? Thanks.

I'm pretty sure there's a difference in "hat height" on those rotors. Hit up a couple online parts stores and compare part numbers. Or, finish putting brakes on the '96 axle.

Jim www.yuccaman.com

steering knuckle (the "C" between the ball joints), hub, rotor, and caliper from disco onto the newer axle will get you going. Just be sure to order parts from the earlier year vehicle when you need replacements for any of these in the future.

in order to do that, I'm going to need to take off the big axle nut correct? just trying to get an idea of what tools I'll need to pick up. I think the only thing I'll need that I don't already have is the 36mm axle nut.

Back