• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D&C cage unibody tie in Q's. Sorry dialup users, beware!

I would weld some plate between the cage and the A pillar, B pillar, and some of the roof line. I wanted to find an example before recommending this, and here it is, a lot of JeepSpeed rigs do this, clearly visible on the A-pillar of 1701: http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=526268

any pics of how it mounts to the pillar?

thought so but it didnt seem right. Just flat plate between the bar and the pillar?
Need to do something to tie my body into it.

Thanks for the input and great ideas guys. After I add the triangulation I might look into tying it into the unibody at all the pillars and the roof line with some 11ga plate. Maybe even thinner. I was hoping someone had done this before and could tell me if its worth it. I may do it anyway.

Tying this cage into the roof line above the windshield is gonna be a PITA and I may have to add a piece of tube to follow the windshield line. Where it sits now that bar has got headache written all over it.

hey i started my cage with rustys roll bar and the b hoop bolts into the stock factory seat belt mount... it is a very easy way to hook into the pillar there... its just a tab bent around the plastic welded on the hoop and then a hole for the bolt...bolt comes off real easy on my 99 with a t-50 so thats about 7f cents worth of meterial to add... oh yeah i got the roll bar because i was given a gift cert. i would not certainly spend 300 dollars on a 50 dollar project...its nice though fits perfect and i got it in raw metal to add to...sorry to wander heres a pic
435yvec.jpg

34ynqr7.jpg

Looks good and ought to save you ass in a rollover. I will definately tie it in there as bolting it there looks like a piece of cake.

its only the b pillar hoop i have an s and w cage that i am going to install it is only a starting point let me clarify that the roll bar has no triangulation and is only bolted in through the floor and seatbelt mounts! its a good prefabbed starter...

I checked out Rusty's. That bar looks plenty strong for the b pillar good start indeed. I'n not familiar with S and W. What do they use for material. The D and C cage is 1.5" DOM and was kinda a pain to weld. If you didn't keep the puddle moving then you burn a hole in it quick.

mine was HREW 1 5/8 .134 wall ... i am not welding it so i am not sure about burinng through like you said... it was prebent but needs a lot more work to make a snug fit... i think the d and c kit fits a lot better... anyways it came with footplates and everything so you get a lot of tube for the price and it is very strong tubing and very heavy... anyways there is a post on the kit on here as well if you want to see what a finished cage from them looks like and he added some material as well... s&w racecars.... search for that anyways update or are you done?

im pretty new at this and may be totally wrong but it wont hurt to ask/ suggest... what if you went from the cage up top on the roof and did an x from the cage through the floor and welt that straight to the frame. seems like it would stiffen it up quite a bit. is that a possibliity?:dunno:

Back