• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D and C Extreme Cage Kits

Well, my investigations have led me to believe that this kit is probably not enough for a "warm fuzzy" during a rollover.

Uses HREW instead of DOM (about 47% weaker). Also is only 1.5" OD. Again, probably not strong enough.

Looks like an adequate cage would use 1.75" OD, .12" wall DOM tubing.

(Yes, I know DOM is a process, but DOM tubing is also a different material than HREW).

I'll keep looking. The EOR is tempting so is the Barnett.

Try Tennessee Off-Road their prises were good a couple of years ago but the prose of steel is way up. Toll Free 866-248-8638. And don't forget most everyone charges for the install kit.

Try Tennessee Off-Road their prices were good a couple of years ago but the prose of steel is way up. Toll Free 866-248-8638. And don't forget most everyone charges for the install kit.

RangerRick said:
Try Tennessee Off-Road their prices were good a couple of years ago but the prose of steel is way up. Toll Free 866-248-8638. And don't forget most everyone charges for the install kit.

Couldn't find anything like an XJ cage on that site. God, I'd hate to have to drop $2k for a custom one. There's gotta be something out there.

Looks like D&C will ship their cage made of DOM instead of HREW. Might be an option, but I can't get them to respond.

I love my D&C cage. I have no doubt if I rolled my POS it would hold up even made of HREW. Yes it is a good idea to add more tubes to it, but you would have to take a big hit to move that cage. It fit very nice... After I welded mine in the cage wouldn't move even with it not bolted to the Jeep. And for the price you really can't beat it.

personnally after a few months of research and looking and talking to people (company's and private party's) i went with the EOR cage i like it's fit much better and the backseat is not as overthrown by it and it was reasonably priced, that and i really don't like the looks of the D & C cage but thats my opinion.

Last edited:
Mdub said:
I'm really starting to lean towards the Rock Hard one. I like that it is bolt in mainly because if I did roll or if I wanted another XJ for any reason, I could use this cage in the new rig...

http://www.rockhard4x4parts.com/cart/proddetail.php?prod=RH1012

But its a lot of money for something that bolts together & has basically zero triangulation. Maybe a starting point, but you would definately need to add some more tube to it.

I think there might be some better options out there for you Marshal. Have you checked out T&J performances cage.... its a good starting point.

Back