• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cylinder Washout??

OK, I tested the CPS according to the Haynes Manual, and found that according to their test procedures and readings of resistance, my CPS is bad. I will know if that is the only issue to prevent it from starting hopefully by monday 01/29/07. I'll post back results then.

The CPS I acquired from Old_Man turned out to be the wrong one, Maybe I will have the correct one weds night 01/31/07 and I will post back after it's installed which may not get installed until the weekend.

OK, got the CPS installed, removed the neg cable on the battery and replaced the cable clamp that
broke and she fired right up, NO-MORE issues, left it run for 1/2 hr then pushed the rpm's to

2 grand several times and things still Ok. If anything goes wrong the next time I put a few

miles on it, I'll post back. A special thanks to Old_Man and all the rest of you guys who

responded to cylinder washout. That's exactly what it acted like compared to my first washout.

Thanks again Guys.

Glad to hear it works.

Disconnecting the battery and turning the key to START for a few seconds will ensure any power in the PCM is drained....it's more assuring than only removing the battery cables :)

Yep, I've always just disconnected the battery as well. I heard that recommendation to disconnect the battery + turn the key to start for a few seconds a month or so ago. It's just extra reassurance to make sure nothing is left in the PCM. Of course it relearns anyway. You can do as little as pullinga the fuse for the PCM.....but it's more assuring to disconnect the entire battery....and then even more assuring to turn the key to start :)

I don't think theres anything beyond that that will ensure your assurance.

Back