• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

custom lift

From all the mud truck builds I've seen, the over lift the hell out of their rigs. They build them with the tires a foot and a half below the body with a jungle gym hanging of the bottom to support the giant suspension that has no travel. If I were to build an xj for mud, I say rockwells, 8" lift, 43's, a sawzall, and some bumpstops. It would be cheaper than trying to build 13" of functional lift.

From all the mud truck builds I've seen, the over lift the hell out of their rigs. They build them with the tires a foot and a half below the body with a jungle gym hanging of the bottom to support the giant suspension that has no travel. If I were to build an xj for mud, I say rockwells, 8" lift, 43's, a sawzall, and some bumpstops. It would be cheaper than trying to build 13" of functional lift.

Hmmm...

3-4" lift, 33" LTBs and some lockers.

As much as I hate to admit it I used to play in that soupy crap. Drive around it as much as possible these days.

http://www.youtube.com/chuckbagwell#p/u/2/kP9g8g1KbOk

If he insists on running 13" there are lots of ideas here.

That stuff is big in flawduh.

God you wouldn't get out the driveway here before the state police pulled you over, even with a Farm Use tag.

I'll go back to my no lift corner :)

God you wouldn't get out the driveway here before the state police pulled you over, even with a Farm Use tag.
\

Me?

I was telling someone yesterday that the only laws we have say that the headlights can't be more than so 40 something inches off the ground and you can't run more than 44" tires.

BUT, if I did decide to run my headlights 5 feet in the air with 54" tires no one would say anything to me.

No mud flaps required. Ever.

well the best ima be able to come up with is 11-12in and slap in some d44s built up with lockers
Go one tons. If you're gonna do it, do it as right as possible. No one wants to be the guy that breaks and ruins everyone else's fun while they try to get him fixed/extracted.

Me?

I was telling someone yesterday that the only laws we have say that the headlights can't be more than so 40 something inches off the ground and you can't run more than 44" tires.

BUT, if I did decide to run my headlights 5 feet in the air with 54" tires no one would say anything to me.

No mud flaps required. Ever.

No..I couldn't.

We have yearly state inspections in Virginia.

You wouldn't ever get anything like that passed because no shop would be stupid enough to put their name on it due to how unsafe it is.

(I didn't mean to quote you, I meant to quote the guy that had the link to all of the pictures, my apologies.)

i got a budy down here thats running a 8.5 rustys la with 36x14.5 boggers on stock locked axles and beats it all the time and they aint broke yetjust needs dual stabilizers.

i got a budy down here thats running a 8.5 rustys la with 36x14.5 boggers on stock locked axles and beats it all the time and they aint broke yetjust needs dual stabilizers.

LMAO! Dual stabilizers! I told ya!

Dude. Seriously, why do want some much lift? Ground clearance don't mean shit if the axles are still 12" off the ground.

this has got to be a troll post.

like the style and look. gota be able to make it threw the deep holes and make it over bolders. if ur from my area u would understand and the alpha pits in ocala,fl.

Why aren't all these Jeeps rockin some super cool lookin 13" lifts? Just curious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqptUMHQSzc

My comment earlier. What makes you think that having 13 inches of lift on the actual body with 36" tires is going to help you thru a deep mud hole? Axles hit the mud and you're stuck.

Around here the correctly build mud trucks have extremely tall skinny tires on way over built axles with just enough lift to clear the tires. It's not like it's going to articulate that much.

Now, if you planned to run a MUCH larger tire, stretch the wheel base (a lot) run links all the way around with 60s or 2.5 ton rockwells and full hyrdo with your 13" lift I'd say go for it.

You plan to install some tall coils and leafs, bolt on new tires and roll with it. Stock steering and dual steering stabilizers. Correct?

Dana 44's would be a step in the right direction but please rethink your lift height. The green XJ that you posted a picture of shouldn't be on a highway. He trailered it, right?

I just noticed something. Why is the solenoid box on the bottom of the bumper of the Green turd?

Last edited:
green xj is drove to and from the holes. i know how to build a mud rig but the back yard way from a an old junker truck. im guna beef everything up all hand made streering and braces with hd mounts all around. seems like every one just thinks im looking for the lift and not thinking about everything else. you see all the trucks on youtube beefed up with rockwells. well just scale it down to an xj on 11-12 with 36-40 swampers.

Every one thinks you're looking for the lift because that's what you've been saying.

If you can make it work then go for it but ya gotta promise to post some picture of the drive line angles back to this thread when you get it complete.

I can't believe he drives that XJ with the 10" blocks he has on the back.

You're not helping your case much. Did you read the comments on that video? You should. Good info there.

For a mud truck the 38s on the Jeep in the video would easily fit on 3" less lift.

Those poor poor axles. I'd like to see that guy stomp the gas in 4-low on pavement instead of snow.

You're going to do what you want either way. I'm just trying to save you a lot of time and frustration...

Back