• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Custom front bumper and DIY bumper kits.

Alex, I was curious as to whether or not you could make a bumper that would tie into the 97+ XJ stock flares, like the stock endcaps do. Really just adding another few inches onto the side parts. Do you think this would be possible? If so, I would buy one from you, this is by far the best looking bumper short of the ARB ones I've seen.

It can definitely be done but it'll be a significant price increase since it would be low volume. When I have some time I can get a quote on the laser blanks. The way I have the sides done now it'll accomodate big tires where the fenders are trimmed. I realize it's not the ideal look for someone that's only running 31's, for example, but this way I only have one set of parts and that keeps the price lower.

On a side note, the winch bumper design is done. Next step is building a prototype. I'm also starting production on the next batch of my current bumper next week and I will be offering 2" receivers as a $35 option.

Last edited:
Ukraine Train said:
It can definitely be done but it'll be a significant price increase since it would be low volume. When I have some time I can get a quote on the laser blanks. The way I have the sides done now it'll accomodate big tires where the fenders are trimmed. I realize it's not the ideal look for someone that's only running 31's, for example, but this way I only have one set of parts and that keeps the price lower.

On a side note, the winch bumper design is done. Next step is building a prototype. I'm also starting production on the next batch of my current bumper next week and I will be offering 2" receivers as a $35 option.
No rush, if it would be like double the price I probably wouldn't be interested, but I guess I'd be interested to know just how significant it would be. My problem is I do want to have an untrimmed XJ with this and want to retain the stock flares; which I understand is not the norm on here. Just whenever you get around to pricing the blanks please let me know.
Thanks,
Collin

I'm now taking orders for bumpers with receivers. $35 to add the receiver to any bumper. Ship time is 3-5 days.

I also got more extended frame mounts that are 3" longer than the previous extended ones to make sure they're long enough to incorporate into d-ring tabs.
IMG_0166.jpg

IMG_0168.jpg

IMG_0170.jpg

IMG_0176.jpg

Happy Birthday to me! My receiver bumper arrived yesterday. It looks great! The quality of the welds, etc, are excellent. I started to prime it yesterday. It will take a little while before I can get it on, but when I do I'll post pics. Thanks Alex!

I finally got my bumper powder coated and installed. It has been modified from the kit and I am happy with how it turned out.

PICT3853.jpg

PICT3854.jpg

PICT3852.jpg

very nice! any options for getting a bumper powdercoated before shipping? the places near me charge a premium for the work. I need front and rear bumpers after an accident

PGT FTW said:
very nice! any options for getting a bumper powdercoated before shipping? the places near me charge a premium for the work. I need front and rear bumpers after an accident
my bad

Last edited:
red_01_xj said:
that wouldnt work as his bumpers are built with welding required

no. from his first post:

Fully built bumper pricing. Shipping is around $50-$60:
$220: bumper without lights or light holes. Looks just like below but without the holes.
$230: bumper with light holes but no lights. Add $20 for light grilles.
$270: bumper with driving light kit. Add $20 for light grilles.

Back