• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Custom Battery Cables.

poorboyjohn said:
hey, i just got some MIL-SPEC BATTERY TERMINALS from kilby today and i am going to get some custom cables for them. I was wondering, what gauge cables should i use and is there anything i should do or look for before i start this process? i know there has been many people out there who didnt want to spend 90 dollars for jeepers creepers heavy duty cables or just wanted to make them themselves, so help me out.

If you decide to go Jeepersandcreepers here is a pic of mine. I love them. I added some flex loom to make it look factory installed. You will love the mill spec terminals you got too. I ordered the quick release terminals.

jeepersbattcables.jpg

I got the gold battery clamps at kragen auto for about $7.00. If I could get a mil-spec type quick disconnect for the right price I'd go for it. The flex tube is a nice addition to protect the cable. I did the same with mine too and taped it up with fiction tape.
Cable.JPG

I did mine myself before i knew of 5-90 making them. Had i known i would have bought his, not because my soldering is sh!tty, which it is, but just for the simple fact the guy cares. Customer service and quality prods are few and far between.

Back