• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Current state of the NWC?

Since i joined i've been having loads of fun running and gathering with everyone. I have met a lot of new poeple in the past months and hope to meet many more.

All large groups are going to have problem of some sort now and then, Hell sometimes they are pretty entertaining, So to think they are just going to go away is just not realistic.

I really appreciate all the runs that people have been putting together, almost every weekend. I havent been able to make all of them but am glad to know if i wanted i could join up with the group and have a pretty good time.

I personally think its awsome that if the NWC Bod is busy with personal buisness or spending time with thier family than the members will step in to help out and get a run or M&G orginized. What more can you ask for in a club?

My thoughts
Jamez.

from WA or is it OR, not sure where i'm from.:dunno:

I'll add that I'd really hate to see this chapter divided. Finding a good group of fellow 4wheelers isn't easy, let alone one catering to XJer's. This a good group of people from what I've seen and the few of you I've met or ran into on the trail, I'd hate to lose that.

This chapters come quite a long ways from the dozen/15 or so people that got it going way back when. I'd think diffrences are to be expected amongst such a diverse group of people, but I also think with such a group, things like this aren't impossbile to work out. I hope this is a mere speed bump in this chapters course, let's get on with it and push forward.

railroadjeep said:
I'll add that I'd really hate to see this chapter divided. Finding a good group of fellow 4wheelers isn't easy, let alone one catering to XJer's. This a good group of people from what I've seen and the few of you I've met or ran into on the trail, I'd hate to lose that.

This chapters come quite a long ways from the dozen/15 or so people that got it going way back when. I'd think diffrences are to be expected amongst such a diverse group of people, but I also think with such a group, things like this aren't impossbile to work out. I hope this is a mere speed bump in this chapters course, let's get on with it and push forward.

Great input Chris, it's good to hear from you.

Damn, I think the last time I saw you was at the Denny's breakfast. We all need to do that again soon. :)

ECKSJAY said:
Damn, I think the last time I saw you was at the Denny's breakfast. We all need to do that again soon. :)

Make it a Sunday, and you can color me there... :wave1:

railroadjeep said:
For instance, how many of you knew I was there on the Sunday run up at Walker Valley? Yep, that was me in my typical orange apparel. Now if I didn't say anything, how many of you would have known I was there?
We'll I'll be damned, I didnt know that.

I have been watching this thread, and conversing back channel with a number of people regarding it. I figure its time to throw my hat in the ring and hopefully bring the perspective of a reletivley new member.

When I first became a member of :NAXJA: I was simply looking for a group of local people, with similar taste in vehicles to wheel with. I was not interested in Online E-drama, pic threads,the den, or really even tech. To my original intentions becoming a member of :NAXJA: has been wildly successful. Not only have I met and wheeled with a ton of cool XJ/MJ enthuiasts, but I have made some very good friends, that I can talk to about a myriad of things least of all jeeping and offroading.

Whenever you have a group as large as ours there are going to be divisions in the ranks, its sad, but its true. I think that we as a chapter need to work to provide a place for all the different groups that form. Providing the oppurtunity to hit hardcore trails, to Run a Forest service road, to participate in trail cleanups, or to just sit online and make fun of the rest of us. I think that the majority of the events need to continue being organized and planned by members, with a guiding hand and sanctioning by the BOD when required. Its ok to be as involved or as uninvolved as you want. It is your chapter and it is what you make of it.
incoherent, rambling,and repetitive, but they are my thoughts.
Ryan
Edit: has anyone considered that its january in the PNW, and this winter has sucked. I think we all have SAD:mad:

I thought this winter has been great. I have loved the weather.

JOHN? Going to Bagdad? Damn.

railroadjeep. Chris, That was YOU??? As long as I have seen posts on here by you, that was you? WOW. there is a face beyond the Screen name.

railroadjeep said:
Make it a Sunday, and you can color me there... :wave1:
ECKSJAY said:
It will be a Sunday...bright and early. :)

:clap: Well, I'll be damned! How the hell are ya Chris? Yeah! Breakfast! I'm all over that! Good to hear from ya!

Mark :wave:

XJCasper said:
railroadjeep. Chris, That was YOU??? As long as I have seen posts on here by you, that was you? WOW. there is a face beyond the Screen name.

X2!!!

Blkxjkrawler said:
Edit: has anyone considered that its january in the PNW, and Every winter for over 10 years has sucked. I think we all have SAD:mad:

Corrected. We have not had any real adverse winters since St. Helens Blew it's top. Think about that for a sec.

Maybe we should appease the Volcano and throw something in :D

was it 93 or 94 where the winter really hit us? i dont remember, but it flooded lotsa stuff and wrecked the coast also.

btw....good to see ya online chris, was wondering where you had disappeared off to.

pretty sure it was 1994.

Back