• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

curious about 99+ intake

For JP to state that it caused a loss in HP is just stupid. Even highschool mechanics students know that an engine is like an air pump. The better an engine can "breathe" the more efficient it will be. They wouldn't spend the money to redesign the manifold if it wouldn't change the power output and make up for the more restrictive exhaust.

OK, so please show us your documented proof that the 99 intake flows better and makes it breathe more efficiently. Maybe they really did lose HP. It is entirely possible to lose HP and make more torque. Every "highschool" mechanic should know that also.

I wait for your documentation to show that their report was "stupid".

I should've clarified in my earlier post: Definitely get the 99+ intake if you have a 91-98. The 91-95s will have to deal with power steering mount/tensioner issues, the 96-98s will bolt right in. 87-90s need a bigger tb first and foremost.

Back