• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CSF 3 Row Radiator the best way to go?

What's it made of? Gold? Solid copper with gold 'detail'?

“All Active Performance cores features 2 rows of 1” tubes that will double the surface area from stock. This design is 40% more efficient and will allow heat to dissipate more rapidly at lower speeds making it ideal for “wheeling”. All Active Performance cores are fully furnace-brazed with NO epoxy construction. Other fine features include heavy duty top and bottom tanks with OEM attachment panels for a true “Drop-In” installation. The Cherokee versions have a six plate heavy duty transmission oil cooler that’s much larger than OE units. Delivered to you in a natural mill finish that can be easily polished to a mirror shine. Quality and leak tested and backed by a 1 year limited warranty. Made in USA.”
Fits ‘91-97’ Cherokee and ‘98 - ‘01 Cherokee

Far better to put in a Copper/Brass radiator. That is unless you're into heavy-duty wheeling or racing, etc. Then cost (and replacement) isn't as big a factor as it is for a DD or light off-roading.

Thats what im beginning to think. I will when I get home.
What sucks is i dropped the radiator and damaged a few fins and had to have it repaired/braised at a radiator shop. So i doubt that i could do a return. I guess id just have to have the shop put me on a new neck.

It was a bent filler neck. straightened it out and all is good. Well kind of good. This radiator dosent cool any better than the stock one. It may be a little worse actually. On the road it is fine, it kept me a little below 210. On the trail though this weekend, It got up to 220 at one point. Event sitting in traffic i can see the gauge rise past 210 a little.:flame:

my CSF 3 row seems to work quite well, can run AC at max in 100 degree weather without any trouble. I have not tried that while sitting still idling though I imagine if thats a problem its more due to the fact that a mech fan at idle doesnt pull quite enough CFM unless the clutch is brand new and our stock electric fan is pretty poor as well

Well I just ordered Dirtbound's triple electic fan conversion and am planning on ordering the Champion 3 core rad to go with it. How do you guys think that setup will work together? Also when I put it in I will be adding Royal Purple's "Purple Ice" in with the coolant! I hope this will work well together but not so good that I wont get heat in the winter? LOL

Well I just ordered Dirtbound's triple electic fan conversion and am planning on ordering the Champion 3 core rad to go with it. How do you guys think that setup will work together? Also when I put it in I will be adding Royal Purple's "Purple Ice" in with the coolant! I hope this will work well together but not so good that I wont get heat in the winter? LOL

Mine works ok with two electric fans. Yours should work better with one more lol

Mine works ok with two electric fans. Yours should work better with one more lol

sweet thats cool cause it's all ordered now hope it works good!!!

Alright, so I've had enough of searching.....

What model CSF do I need for my '97? I want the all-metal 3 row.

Dirk @ DPG is listing one as fits '91-'01 (all the open style systems)...but I see the 2671 is listed for '98-'01 elsewhere. I'm assuming this is the correct rad?

...noticed the 2572 is listed as '87-'90 (closed style).

I read that in this thread. They aren't showing anything on their site. Tried giving them a call just to be sure, but they didn't answer. Must have been after hours. I doubt it though..

I want the cheapest price. I've already found it for $209 shipped (IF THAT'S THE CORRECT PART NUMBER?). Better than $235 he has it for. You can pay extra for the customer service, but I don't need it..

I want the cheapest price. I've already found it for $209 shipped (IF THAT'S THE CORRECT PART NUMBER?). Better than $235 he has it for. You can pay extra for the customer service, but I don't need it..

He might price match if you called him.

called up import.autoparts who has it on 3bay (listed at $209.xx) and convinced him that avoiding 3bay fees and shipping to business address should warrant $200 shipped. He didn't care about the business address..it was 200 flat

I have had mine for awhile now....get a stock one. My trans cooler lines won't stop leaking where the adapters connect to the radiator. They don't leak bad but they do leak a tiny amount.

I have had mine for awhile now....get a stock one. My trans cooler lines won't stop leaking where the adapters connect to the radiator. They don't leak bad but they do leak a tiny amount.

Did you use thread tape?

Back