• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CSF 3 Row Radiator the best way to go?

I think I may be in the same boat. Mileage seems to have gotten down kinda lower than what I was used to with no changes on my behalf. Seems to be lacking power at all ranges, especially to pass. And it's become a regular thing that I run about half way in between 210 and the next hash. I've been suspecting the cat as well but it doesn't rattle if I hit it with a hammer.

I would feel more comfortable knowing that I had a mechanical fan.

What aftermarket converter are you looking at?

I would feel more comfortable knowing that I had a mechanical fan.

What aftermarket converter are you looking at?

Mechanical fans fail too. When they fail they take out other things...like radiators.

If either of these electrical fans failed I could easily get home. I might have to turn the ac off or drive slower but I could make it cool enough to get me back.

As far as cats... I really don't even know what's available. When I get home I'll start doing some research.

I'm just getting back to my post. Thanks for the reply, I should post some close-up pics just so people can compare. I got the radiator from a local supplier and the box was identical to the 2-row I received in error - marked with CSF and nicely packed. Just to give you an idea there is about 3/16 of an inch between each fin, whereas the stock unit and those of my other cars are about an about 3/32nds of an inch spacing. Clearly this is the issue with the CSF in not cooling as well as the stock unit. It might be a knock-off. I read about the general design of radiators and FPI is a critical aspect of radiator construction and it's ability to cool. A rule of thumb is 10 fins per inch. I have 5 or 6. Clearlly a problem.

My Champion aluminum 3 core came in yesterday. It looks great and I hope it fits as well as it looks lol. Build quality looks pretty good.

0656cbcc.jpg

I just got mine in and it looks like is has the same kind of slight 'arch' in it, so maybe that's part of the design and I won't email them about it. Any problems with it?

No problems, I think the arch you see is from an iphone taking a picture through an otterbox.

Ok. That cap did not work. I looked at 4 different parts houses and couldnt find one. Looks ike my plans are ruined for this weekend thanks to CSF. I will never buy another CSF product again.
Who sells you a radiator and dosent tell you you need a special cap?:flame:

Ok. That cap did not work. I looked at 4 different parts houses and couldnt find one. Looks ike my plans are ruined for this weekend thanks to CSF. I will never buy another CSF product again.
Who sells you a radiator and dosent tell you you need a special cap?:flame:

My CSF radiator uses a stock XJ cap.

What did CSF tell you to use when you called them?

My CSF radiator uses a stock XJ cap.

What did CSF tell you to use when you called them?
They said that they sell a cap for it, but thats all they could tell me. They didnt know anything else other than i could order theirs. Ill probably end up doing that but that really dosent do me any good this weekend. i was supposed to go to an event in N. GA this weekend.
I dont understand why my original cap wont work and everyone else dosent have a problem. Also, its fawkin stupid to sell a radiator that takes a special cap and not tell you that it takes a special cap or include it with the order. Ill never buy another CSf for the problems this has caused. I could have overheated my Jeep had i not noticed it didnt fit right.

Its been my experiance if something is right for everyone else and wrong for me, my shits broken or incorrect.

Post up some pics of your fill neck?

Its been my experiance if something is right for everyone else and wrong for me, my shits broken or incorrect.

Post up some pics of your fill neck?
Thats what im beginning to think. I will when I get home.
What sucks is i dropped the radiator and damaged a few fins and had to have it repaired/braised at a radiator shop. So i doubt that i could do a return. I guess id just have to have the shop put me on a new neck.

That doesn't sound like a bad nor expensive route.

I have had nothing but good experiences with CSF. I can't argue that something is up here, but I would give them the benefit of the doubt.

And keep in mind almost every company has the stupidest employees answering the customer service phone instead of doing real work.. I bet anyone in the warehouse could tell you exactly what is going on.

My CSF 3 row also uses the stock cap, FWIW.

Also FWIW, I wouldn't say my CSF is any better at cooling than my stock radiator was. Maybe more durable under the twisting and flexing the vehicle undergoes while offroading, but not noticeably better at cooling.

The bigger question is who sells a radiator without including a cap with it?

CSF, that's who. I just bought one of their all metal 2-row radiators from radiatorbarn.com. It came sans cap. It also came with a catasrophically crushed box, but I don't blame CSF for that. XXXXing UPS - they don't even give you an opportunity to refuse the package. I was home, but the UPS driver was already in his truck and gone by the time I got to my front door to see the POS box sitting on my porch. Luckily there was enough space in between the rad and the outside box that there wasn't any damage to the fins/tubes, however after I took it out of the box I noticed it looked like it had been dropped on the filler neck too. The neck was slightly offset to one side, and the lip where the cap would sit was bent on the opposite side. A few minutes with some pliers and it was straight, but still...

I also noticed that it had noticeably fewer fins per inch than the stock radiator I took out (what was left of it anyway), as some other's have mentioned - about half as many.

Hmm... I wonder why the jeep wasn't cooling as well anymore...

radiator003.jpg

Has anyone bought the all aluminum radiator from Quadratec? It's $499.99 and the manufacture is called Active Performance Aluminum Radiators.

Back